PDA

View Full Version : John A. Russo's original Return Script?

ElectricFire169
10-Feb-2018, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know if Russo's original script for Return of the Living Dead is available online anywhere? I'd be interested to see how different it is from O'Bannon's final script. Obviously it'd be closer to the original than the movie that actually came out.

(Apologies if this question has been asked before)

Neil
10-Feb-2018, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know if Russo's original script for Return of the Living Dead is available online anywhere? I'd be interested to see how different it is from O'Bannon's final script. Obviously it'd be closer to the original than the movie that actually came out.

(Apologies if this question has been asked before)

I don't think there was a script? Surely it was a book?

eg: - http://memorabilia.homepageofthedead.com/?id=315

ElectricFire169
10-Feb-2018, 04:33 PM
I don't think there was a script? Surely it was a book?

eg: - http://memorabilia.homepageofthedead.com/?id=315

No I read he did write a script based on the book, but when O'Bannon was signed on he wrote his own script and that was the script that was produced and that's what you see in the finished film.

Neil
10-Feb-2018, 05:21 PM
No I read he did write a script based on the book, but when O'Bannon was signed on he wrote his own script and that was the script that was produced and that's what you see in the finished film.

Ohh! My bad! I see what you mean now!

ElectricFire169
10-Feb-2018, 08:00 PM
Ohh! My bad! I see what you mean now!

xD no harm done :)

EvilNed
12-Feb-2018, 11:05 AM
I'd love to read it too.
Apparently, Children of the Living Dead is a sequel to Russo's original Return of the Living Dead story (the novel).

Might indicate how bad it is...

ElectricFire169
18-Feb-2018, 09:27 PM
I'd love to read it too.
Apparently, Children of the Living Dead is a sequel to Russo's original Return of the Living Dead story (the novel).

Might indicate how bad it is...

I wouldn't pin Children on Russo. The 30th Anniversary edition of NOTLD, sure. But Children I wouldn't say that Russo was totally to blame for that one.

EvilNed
19-Feb-2018, 03:55 AM
I wouldn't pin Children on Russo. The 30th Anniversary edition of NOTLD, sure. But Children I wouldn't say that Russo was totally to blame for that one.

Perhaps not the quality of the filmmaking, but the plot was his. At least I think it was...

ElectricFire169
21-Feb-2018, 08:18 PM
Perhaps not the quality of the filmmaking, but the plot was his. At least I think it was...

I hope the atrocious dialogue at least wasn't his.