View Full Version : Death of Death

adamcharles
17-Apr-2018, 01:00 AM
Hey, does anyone know anything about Death of Death, the chapter-by-chapter novel Romero was selling through his website in the early 2000s? I'm doing research on Romero and really trying to find anything he actually released. (Supposedly, he only got through a few chapters before pirated copies on torrenting sites discouraged him from continuing, tragically.)

A friend found an archived mention on Romero's website from way back when, but I haven't been able to find any actual copies of the chapters. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Moon Knight
19-Apr-2018, 03:37 AM
I always thought this was made specifically for Diary of the Dead.

adamcharles
22-Apr-2018, 04:28 AM
It pre-dated Diary by several years. Romero started publishing it several years before Land, even. He re-used the phrase "Death of Death" multiple times since, both for Diary and Toe Tags, but from all indications neither has any direct connection to his novel-in-progress.

I've been able to find cached ads for it from Romero's old website on archive.org, but, of course, the pay-per-chapter book wouldn't be on there.

I always thought this was made specifically for Diary of the Dead.

Moon Knight
22-Apr-2018, 05:00 PM
Oh I understand now. You’re right, I did hear about that way before Diary was released.