View Full Version : Queen biopic (film)

bassman
15-May-2018, 03:31 PM
Even after all the behind the scenes drama, shakeups, and director replacement, this looks like it has good potential. Malick looks remarkably well as Mercury.

H81l1dOVCd0

MinionZombie
15-May-2018, 04:16 PM
Why do they need to put a 3-2-1 teaser trailer at the beginning of the ruddy trailer???!!! :mad:

Anyway, I'm not much of a Queen fan, although you can't help but dig some of their big hits, can you? Looks like Malek has fit into the part quite well (he's certainly an arresting actor), it must be quite a task to embody a historical figure, but what I've seen thus far is good. I'll deffo give this a watch.

bassman
15-May-2018, 08:34 PM
Why do they need to put a 3-2-1 teaser trailer at the beginning of the ruddy trailer???!!! :mad:

Seriously! It’s happening more and more lately. Maybe it’s an attempt to quickly grab the viewer’s attention before they fast forward through the trailer on home video. But the way it’s presented here, as well as the recent The Predator trailer, is just ridiculous!

Neil
15-May-2018, 09:11 PM
Still so so so so sad Freddie isn't still with us today! He'd still have a great voice even now I bet!

blind2d
16-May-2018, 05:28 AM
I'm sure you're right, Neil, and I'm really looking forward to this movie! :D

bassman
16-May-2018, 06:48 AM
Still so so so so sad Freddie isn't still with us today! He'd still have a great voice even now I bet!

I hope they really dive into the creative and artistic aspects of the band and not just focus on Mercury’s lifestyle and subsequent passing. I’ll have to do some searching, but I seem to recall reading that some of the surviving members walked away from the project after being dissatisfied with a script that seemingly focused only on Mercury, rather than the band as a whole.