PDA

View Full Version : The Young Ones (TV Series) - 35yrs ago...

Neil
08-Jun-2018, 03:06 PM
Anyone see the documentaries about it over the past week or so?

I was pleased to find out about the story behind subliminal images in the episodes... I'd always wondered about those :)

MinionZombie
09-Jun-2018, 10:36 AM
I've been meaning to download that doc. I missed it when it aired.

I remember first watching The Young Ones on a repeat in the 90s some time, sometime around the cusp of High School, so I was the right kind of age for it as well. The farting curry-mad hamster cracked me up. :D

shootemindehead
09-Jun-2018, 01:09 PM
Shaddup Neil, you hippy.

https://res.cloudinary.com/perfidion/image/upload/v1472632813/rick_young_ones2_zxore2.jpg

bassman
09-Jun-2018, 03:40 PM
This must be a UK-based show? This may be the first I’ve ever heard of it.

MinionZombie
09-Jun-2018, 04:41 PM

Eh?! Blimey!

Yeah, it ran for two series (six or seven episodes a piece, IIRC) in the early 1980s on BBC2. It was a very anarchic sitcom that inserted live musical acts to squeeze more money out of the BBC as otherwise they wouldn't have had the budget to get up to all the chaos. It's about a group of students, but it doesn't adhere to normal sitcom rules. Characters wise you've got a trumped-up armchair radical, a new-money wheeler & dealer, a punk (named Vivian - who's in my avatar at the time of writing this), and a dripping wet hippy.

Definitely check it out. It's a bonkers kind of show. :D

Neil
09-Jun-2018, 05:17 PM

Every kid you went to the school the next day after an episode was full of it!

Classic classic stuff!

ccjfSyO9ncM

YOAz4nPNvLI

blind2d
10-Jun-2018, 03:30 AM
Oi, my British boyfriend introduced me to this show! :D Really great stuff! I don't know what else to say about it, other than it really is a lot of fun... Definitely check it out.

Neil
10-Jun-2018, 08:21 AM
A favourite episode of mine...

3zPCkgUSchI