PDA

View Full Version : Evil Dead Musical?!?!

zombiegirl
25-Jul-2006, 11:41 PM
I saw this article on creature-corner.com
I have to say this is the weirdest musical I have every heard of but if I lived in New York I'd have to go see it.

Yep. Evil Dead has been made into a musical.

Evil Dead: The Musical comes alive at New World Stages on Monday, October 2 for an unlimited Off-Broadway run. Official Opening is set for Wednesday, November 1 @ 7:00 PM. Evil Dead: The Musical, directed by Christopher Bond and Tony® Award winner Hinton Battle and presented by Jenkay LLC, Jeffrey Latimer Entertainment and Just For Laughs Live.

A “dis-arm-ingly” riotous musical comedy based on Sam Raimi’s 80s cult-classic horror films, Evil Dead: The Musical unearths the old familiar story: boy and friends take a weekend getaway at abandoned cabin, boy expects to get lucky, boy unleashes ancient evil spirit, friends turn into Candarian Demons, boy fights until dawn to survive. As musical mayhem descends upon this sleepover in the woods, “camp” takes on a whole new meaning with uproarious numbers like “All the Men in my Life Keep Getting Killed by Candarian Demons,” “Look Who’s Evil Now” and “Do the Necronomicon.” Buzzing chainsaws and dancing demons add to the frenzy, slaying audiences with a tale of lust, love and dismemberment

I don't understand it myself, but I can't help but feel compelled to check it out. Another thing that makes it sound even better is that there are “Splatter Zone” tickets for the front rows in the theater- where people are warned that they will be splashed with the blood of deadites during the performance.

Prices for it aren't too bad- ranging from 25 bucks (the aforementioned Splatter Zone seats) to 65. It still amazes me that this is playing Off-Broadway in NYC.

For more information visit EvilDeadTheMusical.com.

MikePizzoff
25-Jul-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure someone posted this on here a long time ago. I didn't think they were actually going to go through with making it. I'd like to check that out.

Danny
26-Jul-2006, 01:01 AM
sounds awesome.:D

Fulcifan91
26-Jul-2006, 04:46 AM
http://www.evildeadthemusical.com/

Guru ofthe Dead
26-Jul-2006, 05:45 AM
I want a Dawn musical.