PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a Dell?

MinionZombie
26-Jul-2006, 01:21 PM
You might wanna re-think... (http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32550) :lol:

Mental...

DjfunkmasterG
26-Jul-2006, 01:43 PM
Looks like a D600 Model. Funny, My company has 400+ of those models I will send the link to the IT department.

Nice find Minion.

I never liked their desktops, but I always thought their Laptops were amazing. Guess I was wrong. :D

p2501
26-Jul-2006, 02:52 PM
AHAHAHA

DUDE, Your getting an IED!!

Eyebiter
26-Jul-2006, 02:55 PM
Wasn't that the incident where it was a third party (non-factory) battery installed?

DjfunkmasterG
26-Jul-2006, 04:56 PM
AHAHAHA

DUDE, Your getting an IED!!

LOL...

NICE! Never use aftermarket **** on your laptops. People always get half assed products when they go the cheap after-market route.

DeadJonas190
27-Jul-2006, 03:27 AM
I will never buy a Dell for a few reasons, the first being they refused to sell me a computer twice even though I had the money in my hand. The first time I had not established credit because I was 18 or 19 and the second for no apparent reason as I now have great credit. I build my own now and don't have to worry about their antics such as their little bullshyt business practices that do not allow you to update your hardware without going through them... if you do you get a message telling you that the part you installed/replaced is not dell hardware and the software installed on the computer will not work with it.

Yeah, Dell sucks.

MaximusIncredulous
27-Jul-2006, 03:53 AM
I will never buy a Dell for a few reasons, the first being they refused to sell me a computer twice even though I had the money in my hand. The first time I had not established credit because I was 18 or 19 and the second for no apparent reason as I now have great credit. I build my own now and don't have to worry about their antics such as their little bullshyt business practices that do not allow you to update your hardware without going through them... if you do you get a message telling you that the part you installed/replaced is not dell hardware and the software installed on the computer will not work with it.

Yeah, Dell sucks.

The proprietary issues with these jerks are what pushed me into homebuilt options as well. The good thing is that you know everything that's in your case and you're totally free to put whatever the heck you want in your system, provided the cash is there.

MinionZombie
27-Jul-2006, 09:52 AM
Aye, I too have gone the "home-made" route, although I don't actually build it myself (I can't get my head around it to bother). My desktop for instance, got it built down at a local shop which make systems to order. Have been back there now and then for upgrades (most of which I've been able to install myself), so it's all good.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Jul-2006, 11:02 AM
Home made is the only way to go. I stopped buying pre-builts in 2002 and started building my own units. For $1500.00 I can build a machine that will pretty much play any game on the planet.

My most recent build is 7 months old, and in another 5 months I will be rebuilding again. (at least every 6 months to a year I upgrade). I dunno about the rest of you but I only build with AMD processors. I find them to be better, and more stable than intel products, and considering Intel had to license their duo core and 64 technology from AMD it seems why should I go with a copy cat when I can have the real deal. :D

HLS
27-Jul-2006, 03:16 PM
I never heard of that happening before. Ya I have a dell. had it for 3 years now.

coma
27-Jul-2006, 03:38 PM
I build my own too. Well, I get help. :)

I have a dell laptop and its a piece od crap
Defective parts, bad customer service
Propritary hardware
You even have to use a specific brand of Cd drive.
Dell SUCKS
I wish I knew better when I got it.
Pure doorstop:mad: :mad: :mad:

zombiegirl
27-Jul-2006, 05:30 PM
I am glad I read this as I was thinking of getting a dell because they seem to have cheaper pricing. ( Now I know why. ) Right now I have a gateway that I bought back in 2001. We have done lots of upgrades to it but the technology has gotten so outdated that it is time to get a new computer. I can say though that I have had not one thing go wrong with my computer except for an occasional virus or what not. My gateway has never had one defective part in the 5 years I have had it.

MinionZombie
27-Jul-2006, 05:51 PM
Dito, I always go for AMD. They're much more reliable than Intel (the Internet Explorer of processors I'd say :D) and they're ahead of the game, it's a win-win situation really.

erisi236
27-Jul-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm using a Dell PC right now! :eek:

It's pretty much just the shell of it tho' as I've custimized the **** out of the guts of it :D

Exatreides
28-Jul-2006, 05:11 PM
Ha, I'm useing a refurbished dell, so it's like twice as likely to kill me right?