View Full Version : Man Accused of Shoving Phone Down Throat

Eyebiter
26-Jul-2006, 02:57 PM
File this one under WTF?
-- ----------------------------------------

Man Accused of Shoving Phone Down Throat
Jul 26 7:36 AM US/Eastern

INDEPENDENCE, Mo.

The assault trial of a man accused of shoving a cell phone down a woman's throat has begun.

Prosecutors say 24-year-old Marlon Brando Gill was angry and jealous when he forced the phone into Melinda Abell's throat in December. But defense attorneys insist the 25-year-old victim swallowed the phone intentionally to prevent Gill from finding out who she'd been calling.

Gill is charged with felony first-degree assault.

A doctor at a Kansas City hospital's emergency room used a tool called a "pincher" to remove the phone from Abell's throat.

She testified yesterday that she couldn't remember how the phone got in her throat, saying she drank too much that night. Court records show that her blood alcohol content was three times the legal limit.

bassman
26-Jul-2006, 03:04 PM
I remember someone posting about this when it first happened.

I hope the guy doesn't get jail time. You know the b*tch probably swallowed the phone on purpose. Women always get off easy when it comes to this domestic disturbance crap. The men are always the ones that get arrested when the innocent, harmless, knife wielding, drunk woman gets stay at home because remember, she's just a woman and can't possibly harm anyone.:rolleyes:

p2501
26-Jul-2006, 03:05 PM
Using my amazing Fark-fu. i suspect alcohol was involved in this crime.

HLS
26-Jul-2006, 03:42 PM

I hope the guy doesn't get jail time. You know the b*tch probably swallowed the phone on purpose. Women always get off easy when it comes to this domestic disturbance crap. The men are always the ones that get arrested when the innocent, harmless, knife wielding, drunk woman gets stay at home because remember, she's just a woman and can't possibly harm anyone.:rolleyes:

From what I was told, Police generally side with whoever made the 911 call. I remember seeing this before on TV. I did not realize it was so close to me. I am maybe 20 miles or less from Indepenndence, MO.

I think she swallowed it. It makes no sence for a man to do it. Swallowing a cell phone seems to be a girl thing. Not wanting the guy to know who she called.:eek:

Adrenochrome
26-Jul-2006, 06:26 PM
From what I was told, Police generally side with whoever made the 911 call. I remember seeing this before on TV. I did not realize it was so close to me. I am maybe 20 miles or less from Indepenndence, MO.

I think she swallowed it. It makes no sence for a man to do it. Swallowing a cell phone seems to be a girl thing. Not wanting the guy to know who she called.:eek:
He had a history of violence and abuse to the girl. Read up on the story and look up ole Marlon Brando's police records.

"Swallowing a cell phone seems to be a girl thing." - That is the most rediculous thing I've ever read. HOW is this a "girl thing"?

also, POLICE do NOT side with the 911 caller, especially in this part of the US. They separate the two and ask questions to both parties.

wow

I know the aunt of said girl....they had to constantly have him removed from their property because he was a stalking, raving, jelous maniac.

and NOBODY make the claim that I'm siding with the "white girl" as most of you know my relationship background!

bassman
26-Jul-2006, 06:38 PM
I know the aunt of said girl....they had to constantly have him removed from their property because he was a stalking, raving, jelous maniac.

I've underlined the problem in your quote. If he did the phone thing....it's still her fault for not leaving him and doing something about it before.

Adrenochrome
26-Jul-2006, 06:40 PM
I've underlined the problem in your quote. If he did the phone thing....it's still her fault for not leaving him and doing something about it before.
I agree 100% there!!
If a girl is in an abusive relationship and WILL NOT leave.....well.....things happen. I will never understand these idiots that stay in an abusive situation....there is NO excuse!

Marie
26-Jul-2006, 06:52 PM

Yaknow, maybe I'm just weird. and I'll admit to swallowing some things, but a phone just would never occur to me. No matter WHAT I was trying to hide...:eek:

M_

bassman
26-Jul-2006, 06:55 PM
Yaknow, maybe I'm just weird. and I'll admit to swallowing some things, but a phone just would never occur to me. No matter WHAT I was trying to hide...:eek:

M_

hmmmm...interesting. What kind of things have you swallowed?:rockbrow:

Marie
26-Jul-2006, 06:57 PM
hmmmm...interesting. What kind of things have you swallowed?:rockbrow:

Not on THIS list I don't:evil:

M_

bassman
26-Jul-2006, 06:59 PM
Not on THIS list I don't:evil:

M_

:lol:

MaximusIncredulous
26-Jul-2006, 10:22 PM
That girl must have a helluva deep throat.

HLS
26-Jul-2006, 10:37 PM
:rolleyes:
He had a history of violence and abuse to the girl. Read up on the story and look up ole Marlon Brando's police records.

- That is the most rediculous thing I've ever read. HOW is this a "girl thing"?

also, POLICE do NOT side with the 911 caller, especially in this part of the US. They separate the two and ask questions to both parties.

wow

and NOBODY make the claim that I'm siding with the "white girl" as most of you know my relationship background!

Gee wiz...I was joking on the girl thing.:rolleyes: Good grief.
Men usually kid around when a women does something idiotic its because they are a female. I was kidding. Men do stupid stuff too. lol:o

Adrenochrome
27-Jul-2006, 02:13 AM
:rolleyes:

Gee wiz...I was joking on the girl thing.:rolleyes: Good grief.
Men usually kid around when a women does something idiotic its because they are a female. I was kidding. Men do stupid stuff too. lol:o
your comment had no hint of a "joke". :confused:
I'll probably get a warning for this, but....here goes.....when referring to ONE female human being, it's spelled WOMAN.
TWO or more female human beings is WOMEN.
Woman = 1 female
Women = 2 or more females

:lol:
maybe she's a donkey running smack for the Mexicans?
(Donkey - someone that swallows drugs and sneaks across the border -- for those that don't know what I mean)
JUST KIDDING Marie!!! Love ya babe!!!