PDA

View Full Version : The Man Who Killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot (film)

Neil
19-Jan-2019, 06:03 PM
Surely the best movie title EVER?

UkP4bZKCHE8

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTg2NzI4NjY1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjUxOTc3NTM@._ V1_.jpg

bassman
19-Jan-2019, 09:58 PM
Looks great! I guess when people are talking about the film it might get shortened to just “Hitler and The Bigfoot”, and that tickles me...

blind2d
19-Jan-2019, 10:22 PM
But, but... Hitler killed himself... Did Hitler kill the Bigfoot?!?!?! As a Nazi zombie?!?!?! Disguised as Sam Elliott?!?!?!

MinionZombie
20-Jan-2019, 10:58 AM
That looks pretty darn cool! Kind of an out-there set-up/premise, and yet treated with class and respect and scale. Nice!

Neil
20-Jan-2019, 04:59 PM
But, but... Hitler killed himself... Did Hitler kill the Bigfoot?!?!?! As a Nazi zombie?!?!?! Disguised as Sam Elliott?!?!?!

Keep up! It's all quite obvious!

shootemindehead
20-Jan-2019, 09:21 PM
This looks like a "serious" film, with an utterly absurd title? Certainly not the B movie that the title suggests.

Why the Hitler thing though? That's probably just going to annoy me, I have to say. Can't help feeling that this would be better if it was just 'The Man who Killed Bigfoot'.

Neil
21-Jan-2019, 07:34 AM
Oh! Variety describes it as bland!

shootemindehead
21-Jan-2019, 08:08 AM
It'll probably end up being like 'Hobo with a Shotgun'. Mediocre content with a great title.

MinionZombie
21-Jan-2019, 09:48 AM
It'll probably end up being like 'Hobo with a Shotgun'. Mediocre content with a great title.

It has its flaws (e.g. it could use a little more focus), but I loved Hobo With A Shotgun. Pretty impressive for a debut indie feature, too.

Hopefully Variety's take on it is more of an outlier review.

JDP
21-Jan-2019, 02:11 PM
It has its flaws (e.g. it could use a little more focus), but I loved Hobo With A Shotgun. Pretty impressive for a debut indie feature, too.

It is a farcical comedy. One cannot demand too much "focus" or anything else -other than blatant absurdities to make you laugh- from such movies. It's like demanding, say, more "character development" from, say, Airplane! (1980).

MinionZombie
21-Jan-2019, 05:47 PM
It is a farcical comedy. One cannot demand too much "focus" or anything else -other than blatant absurdities to make you laugh- from such movies. It's like demanding, say, more "character development" from, say, Airplane! (1980).

"Little more focus" - as in tighten the script up a bit and polish a few bits here and there. Just a bit of finessing, is all. It was still my favourite movie of 2011.

Hobo is a variety of things. Horror, comedy, exploitation, action, indie etc etc.

EvilNed
23-Jan-2019, 09:02 AM
Out of all the 70's-exploitation-schtick films that got released after Grindhouse I thought Hobo with a Shotgun was the best.