PDA

View Full Version : Hobbs and Shaw (film)

bassman
01-Feb-2019, 04:26 PM
This surprisingly looks like a lot of fun!

The first spin-off from the Fast and Furious franchise starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Jason Statham and Idris Elba. Admittedly, I’m not the biggest fan of the Furious franchise and I had absolutely zero interest in this film. That is, until I saw this trailer.

45-5Ajm3s0k

It’s clear that they know exactly what kind of over-the-top, humorous, action extravaganza they’re making. There’s no denying Johnson’s screen chemistry and the other actors seem to be having a lot of fun with it. Just a silly, fun time at the cinema!

Neil
01-Feb-2019, 05:41 PM
I think I've seen two of them?

bassman
01-Feb-2019, 06:47 PM
I think I've seen two of them?

The Fast and Furious films? As I mentioned before, I’m not exactly a big fan of them, but I do think they improved a bit around the fourth or fifth entry. They got away from the street racing plots and turned it more into heist/action films. It also improved a touch when Dwayne Johnson joined in the fifth(I think) film.

They’re not great films or anything, but can be enjoyable for an over-the-top way to waste a couple hours. They tend to not work quite as well when they take themselves too seriously, which is why I was impressed with this spin off trailer, in that it looks like they’re not taking it seriously at all.

I’d recommend the other films for a schlocky good time though. Particularly the one that takes place in Rio. I believe it was the fifth film? The one with the “mobile bank vault”, if anyone else can confirm that’s indeed the fifth film?

MinionZombie
01-Feb-2019, 06:47 PM
Yep, I'm up for this!

I've become quite a fan of the Fast & Furious movies in recent years. The over-the-top action is just so much damn fun. :thumbsup::D:cool:

*edit*

Bassman - yep, #5 is the one in Rio with the bank vault getting dragged through the streets by two Chargers. :D

#6 is the one in London with the climax on the longest ruddy runway known to mankind, #7 is the one during which Paul Walker passed away and where cars sky dive into a hostage rescue, and #8 is the one where you get to see a Lambo try and outrun a submarine as it breaches the ice. :cool::D