PDA

View Full Version : The Dead Don't Die (2019)

beat_truck
02-Apr-2019, 05:06 AM
This looks promising. Has an all star cast including Bill Murray, Danny Glover etc.

bs5ZOcU6Bnw

Release Date: June 14

MinionZombie
02-Apr-2019, 09:51 AM
That does actually look quite fun - and thank fudge they're not runners! Seems a little more in the 'this was an important place in their lives' vein, albeit with some talking, haha. Really good cast, too, loads of names in there.

bassman
02-Apr-2019, 11:40 AM
Looks like a good comedy, although I’m sure we’ll see lots of complaints about the effectiveness of the film as a zombie effort, which isn’t really the point.

Moon Knight
02-Apr-2019, 12:33 PM
Pretty random and outta nowhere.

blind2d
03-Apr-2019, 12:00 AM
Huh. Huh! I'm actually kinda interested! :D

ProfessorChaos
04-Apr-2019, 03:28 AM
kinda off subject, but "the mammoth book of zombies" has a story i've re-read a handful of times over the last couple decades called "the dead don't die" by robert bloch (the author of psycho). it is an awesome noir short story from 1951 that concerns a different sort of reanimation method and type of zombie. it got a super-lame and butchered film version starring george hamilton in the 70's that doesn't do the story the first bit of justice.

when i first saw this thread, i was very intrigued but as soon as i saw bill murray and the new star wars cat, i was let down big-time. trailer was amusing enough, however, so i might give it a go one of these days.

bassman
04-Apr-2019, 02:12 PM
I imagine you were probably just making a point of reference, but Adam Driver is actually probably one of the best actors working today. He does what he can with what he’s given in Star Wars, but where he really shines are the smaller independent films. He’s a phenomenal actor, actually.

Murray is a legend, no need to defend that! :p

shootemindehead
04-Apr-2019, 02:23 PM
it got a super-lame and butchered film version starring george hamilton in the 70's that doesn't do the story the first bit of justice.

I remember that prof.

Kid me was so excited to see it on TV one night. Just imagine my disappointment.

Skinrash
05-Apr-2019, 11:15 AM
Good to see a movie with traditional, decayed shamblers for once, sick to death of freshly dead, rabid runners.

Neil
13-Jul-2019, 11:19 AM
Review...

TCgniU5tZSc

Moon Knight
16-Jul-2019, 04:01 AM
The deadpan humor definitely ain't for everyone.

Really liked the Sturgill Simpson song. Good cameo too.

Zombie Snack
27-Aug-2019, 02:48 PM
Bill F'n Murray!! and I bet Danny Glover will be "Too old for this shit"

kidgloves
01-Sep-2019, 06:11 PM
Kermode is absolutely spot on with his review. I got SOME enjoyment from this, the atmosphere is great, one of dread, but overall it's kind of meh.

MinionZombie
02-Sep-2019, 09:49 AM
Kermode is absolutely spot on with his review. I got SOME enjoyment from this, the atmosphere is great, one of dread, but overall it's kind of meh.

Yeah, I tend to trust his reviews for the most part as my taste oftentimes jives with his ... not always, certainly, but I saw his review of The Dead Don't Die. I'll check the movie out some time, but I'm in no rush - although at least now I know to leave my expectations low. Shame, really.

Skinrash
05-Sep-2019, 03:09 PM
It was okay. Pacing could've been better, some parts felt very random, the jokes weren't that great and it felt tonally inconsistent. It was neat to see classic cemetery resurrection scenes, been ages since a zombie film gave us that. I liked that while the zombies occasionally did silly things they did pose a legitimate threat. What's up with them bleeding dirt/ash when killed though? Even the recently dead ones.