PDA

View Full Version : been a long while....

Adrenochrome
22-Sep-2019, 10:31 AM
I don't know if it's been discussed here but, what do you guys think of Train to Busan?

Neil
22-Sep-2019, 11:07 AM
I really enjoyed it...

MinionZombie
22-Sep-2019, 04:26 PM
1) Long time, no see. Hey, Adreno!

2) Finally saw Train To Busan a few weeks ago - and I enjoyed it, too.

It's a smidge slow to get going, and while I didn't manage to really learn anyone's names, the characters did at least stand out in terms of their 'who they were' essentials and how they clashed throughout the film. I found myself surprisingly quite invested in the characters, which is a bit of a rare thing these days with so many zombie films out there, so when the cruel hand of fate intervenes you actually feel sorry for those left behind to battle onwards.

This movie also did a far better job of achieving the 'zombie spill' thing than World War Z with it's silly ant piles. The hordes of zombies (albeit runners, sigh) smashing through the train station glass doors, for instance, and all spilling out on top of one another certainly got the adrenaline flowing.

Also, quite often, kids end up being a pain in the arse in a horror movie - but the little girl in this? They found a cracking actress for the part.

EvilNed
22-Sep-2019, 09:23 PM
Haven't seen it. I'm not really up-to-date with new zombie releases. Haven't even seen The Girl with all the gifts!

Did catch Cargo earlier today. Might have to get around to these films!

beat_truck
23-Sep-2019, 12:36 AM
I liked it quite a bit. I lucked out and found a copy in the $5 bin at Big Lots.

Moon Knight
23-Sep-2019, 12:28 PM
Entertaining.

EvilNed
23-Sep-2019, 07:31 PM
Thread theme music

B0azMOJ-h_o

Adrenochrome
27-Sep-2019, 03:55 PM
I really enjoyed the scene where the train is dragging a huge pile of zombies. Corny, yes...but I've never seen anything like that in a zombie flick.

bassman
29-Sep-2019, 10:31 AM
Hey, nice to see ya on the forums!

Like MZ, I also recently saw Busan for the first time and enjoyed it. I don’t think I’ll be rushing to purchase my own physical copy, but it was certainly an enjoyable effort!

BountyHunter
01-Oct-2019, 07:00 PM
Just watched this last week. It was great. I hear there's a sequel in the works.