PDA

View Full Version : Since it is my 50th birthday...

Mike70
03-Feb-2020, 07:24 PM
I'd be remiss in not putting up post acknowledging this site's place in my life. I started posting here when I was 28. i wasn't married yet, had no children, and not a grey hair or wrinkle. 2 marriages, kids, stepkids, and a whole bunch of lovers later, I'm grey and the age is starting show around my eyes.

I've been a member here for 44% of my life. That fucking blows me away. I had some amazing times here. Met some incredibly cool people here. I don't post much anymore but I still love this place.

I'm feeling maudlin enough at 50, so I'm gonna stop here. I think my point has been made.

Thanks, Neil.

Neil
03-Feb-2020, 08:42 PM
:)

Happy 50th - So does the milestone sit well with you or concern you? I went thru 50 a couple of year back and generally it was fairly smooth for me at least. But I know a couple of my friends hit a bit of a wall with it. ie: Life evaluation time etc, and a bit of a reality/mortality smack in the face :)

ps: It's hard to tell, but is your avatar a genuine image of Saturn?

blind2d
03-Feb-2020, 09:23 PM
Yay, happy 50th! :D

Mike70
03-Feb-2020, 10:37 PM
:)

Happy 50th - So does the milestone sit well with you or concern you? I went thru 50 a couple of year back and generally it was fairly smooth for me at least. But I know a couple of my friends hit a bit of a wall with it. ie: Life evaluation time etc, and a bit of a reality/mortality smack in the face :)

ps: It's hard to tell, but is your avatar a genuine image of Saturn?

Yes. It was taken by Cassini when it managed to capture an eclipse.

As for 50, I don't really feel very old. I'm handling it pretty well.

MinionZombie
04-Feb-2020, 10:09 AM
Happy Birthday, Mike! :thumbsup:

Kaos
11-Feb-2020, 04:34 PM
I have an early February birthday too. 52. I started the forums in my late 20's. Happy Birthday, Mike!

EvilNed
11-Feb-2020, 08:54 PM
Congratulations are in order. I was 10 when you started posting here.

I can't remember what age I was when I came here. I came later. Your nick was Scipio then.

shootemindehead
12-Feb-2020, 05:59 PM
Happy belated birthdays Mike and Kaos.

bassman
22-Feb-2020, 02:04 AM
I missed this thread originally, so happy belated birthday, old man!

I feel the same about the amount of time I’ve spent here. It’s been a great deal over the years, but it’s brought me tons of great laughs, discussions, and joy! So cheers to all my HPotD friends, we’re important to each other in some small way! :lol:

shootemindehead
23-Feb-2020, 11:27 AM
What are they doing? Why do they come here?

Some kind of instinct. Memory, of what they used to do. This was an important place in their lives

Moon Knight
23-Feb-2020, 12:47 PM
Happy belated Birthday, dude!