View Full Version : Train to Busan 2 (2020) Peninsula Trailer

paranoid101
02-Apr-2020, 08:30 PM
wdmS5eGtBR8

Looking forward to this, Im glad to see filming was pretty much done, might be out soonish, If this is half as good as Train to Busan it will be great.

Kinda lost my interest in Zombie Genre till South Korea Took over it lol.

MagicMoonMonkey
03-Apr-2020, 04:19 PM
In! 100% in!

MinionZombie
03-Apr-2020, 04:24 PM
It took me quite a while to get around to Train To Busan, and I had it recorded on the DVR for a good six months before I actually pressed play - and I really was pleasantly surprised by it.

Hopefully this sequel will be similarly enjoyable while not letting the evidently increased scale take over too much (even though the characters in Train To Busan were lightly sketched, they nonetheless hooked you in and lent the film some pointedly emotional moments).

paranoid101
16-Jun-2020, 05:41 PM
eI0RUX5-1jI

Trailer 2

Neil
17-Jun-2020, 09:22 AM
Looks a bit World War Z'esque in some scenes?

Zombie Snack
18-Jun-2020, 03:16 PM
It doesn't look as good as the original to me, it looks too Hollywood

paranoid101
29-Jul-2020, 04:48 PM
I've seen the second movie and it good fun, ending felt like a Mad Max movie lol, but sadly for me its not a patch on the first one, don't get me wrong its still better then most Zombie stuff coming out at the minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePzXDogTOko

heres a review of the movie which pretty much sums up how I felt about it.

MagicMoonMonkey
19-Aug-2020, 06:45 PM
I've seen the second movie and it good fun

Was this at a limited release cinema or off of the WWW? I haven't seen it on any of the usual streaming / DL sites.

beat_truck
20-Aug-2020, 10:42 AM
Looks a bit World War Z'esque in some scenes?

It doesn't look as good as the original to me, it looks too Hollywood

This, plus the crappy CGI. I won't be in any major hurry to see it. Hopefully after it's been out a while, I'll come across a copy in the $5 bin at Big Lots like I did with the first movie.

MagicMoonMonkey
02-Sep-2020, 06:05 PM
Seen this the other day and really enjoyed it. There is no gore but it is a pretty decent actioner / heist movie with the zombies as a backdrop. I think this is what Zack Snyder's Netflix Produced Army of the Dead will be like to an extent.

Get it watched and enjoy it for what it is. The Train to Busan is the better movie, this isn't a million miles away.

Ryan
19-Feb-2021, 07:03 PM
for me it started off really badly and if I hadn't paid money to watch it I might have given up, but it does get better later on. Train to Busan a much better movie imo but now I really do need to get around to watching the animated prequel

- - - Updated - - -

Just read that Train to Busan is getting a US remake with James Wan producing

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2021, 10:22 AM
Watched this in portions a few days ago.

It was alright. It feels a bit rushed to begin with (e.g. an emotional peak very early on that isn't earned, but makes sense narratively in the long run), and it certainly lacks some of what made Train to Busan stand out, but as has been said - it does get better as it goes along.

I think the second half is where the movie shines much more, especially in the action - such as the big chase sequence. There may be an abundance of CGI, but they wouldn't have had the budget to do all that practically anyway.

The second emotional peak towards the end, on the other hand, is much more earned and tugs at the heart strings more effectively, reminding the viewer of what made the original special.

There are some nifty ideas in there, and I do like the various things that the people do and things they use to deal with the zombies (e.g. RC cars covered in bright flashing colourful lights with noise makers on them, to draw away packs of zombies), and the military group stuck in the middle of a zombie infested city has some Day vibes about it strained through a Korean filter.

It's definitely worth watching, but the first half is patchy, and it's much more of an action movie this time around with all new characters.

Neil
25-Apr-2021, 04:11 PM
Still not got around to watching this...