PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead Mall Music

Neil
05-Apr-2020, 11:51 AM
Not sure if this has been posted before, but...

t1NWcGZGD-M

bassman
05-Apr-2020, 12:20 PM
Very cool hearing it on its own! It’s funny how I can see each and every scene the bits were used in. I’m sure all of us here can.

EvilNed
05-Apr-2020, 01:02 PM
Can't wait for Second Sight's Dawn of the Dead box-set due to be released this year.

Look at that beast;

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3608859/second-sight-will-release-romeros-dawn-dead-4k-ultra-hd-coming-october/

MinionZombie
05-Apr-2020, 04:21 PM
Can't wait for Second Sight's Dawn of the Dead box-set due to be released this year.

Look at that beast;

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3608859/second-sight-will-release-romeros-dawn-dead-4k-ultra-hd-coming-october/

OMFG, tell me about it. I saw those specs a few days ago ... ... oh lawdy, I got the vapours. :D :p ;)

Moon Knight
05-Apr-2020, 08:09 PM

Look at that beast;

Instant purchase and MARTIN the same day??

ProfessorChaos
05-Apr-2020, 10:53 PM
damn, that looks awesome! and martin on blu-ray the same day?!?!

not sure if they are getting U.S. releases, but if so, there goes my resolve to be wiser with my money in these uncertain times....oh well, lord knows i'll get plenty of hours of entertainment out of watching them.

please keep us in the loop on release details in case some of us forget!

and thanks for the music link, neil! gonna fire up dead rising on the ps4 and jam out while slaying some ghouls!

MinionZombie
06-Apr-2020, 09:50 AM
Those Dawn and Martin Blu-Rays are gonna be pre-orders for me as soon as they become available. They will be most welcome in my collection. :)

They'll be pricier than your average release, but hopefully they'll not be piss-take expensive.

EvilNed
06-Apr-2020, 07:31 PM
Here are the extras

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/90794912_1767218570079235_8955622835024297984_o.jp g?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQkJ_vHr3pPyIoMTlQGAv_VBBTtXPZ5xrDJ4OsNZ84F 46b7TPaVzrmXYusn-E-sd9Uc&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=48f59834c5bac6826f64c51f6b9525e0&oe=5EB01598

Moon Knight
06-Apr-2020, 08:15 PM
US release? Plz plz plz plz!

EvilNed
06-Apr-2020, 08:44 PM
This is a UK release, however the BluRay discs may be region free (cult films often are) and the UHD discs most certainly will since there are no region codings on UHD.
So if you have a UHD player you can order it from Amazon.co.uk and just pay extra shipping. It'll be worth.

However if there is a 4k scan out there it's bound to hit US Shores eventually, but that may take a year or more.

ProfessorChaos
07-Apr-2020, 02:11 AM
christ on a cracker! 4 discs! 3 audio cd's! 2 books! a sexy-as-fuck package! that thing is going to cost a small fortune!

any word on a price yet?

bassman
07-Apr-2020, 08:59 AM
This is a UK release, however the BluRay discs may be region free (cult films often are) and the UHD discs most certainly will since there are no region codings on UHD.
So if you have a UHD player you can order it from Amazon.co.uk and just pay extra shipping. It'll be worth.

However if there is a 4k scan out there it's bound to hit US Shores eventually, but that may take a year or more.

I’ve seen a few articles now saying the Blu Rays are locked Region B, UHD is of course Region Free.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3610609/second-sight-fully-details-dawn-dead-4k-uhd-release-packed-new-stuff/

Take note of this important info: “Blu-ray version: Discs 1-4 Blu-ray. UHD version: Discs 1-3 UHD, Disc 4 Blu-ray. Blu-ray discs region B (contractual). UHD has no region coding.”

MinionZombie
07-Apr-2020, 09:55 AM
I think I'm gonna have to reinforce my shelves to carry this bad boy. :D

Prof - no word on price as yet, AFAIK. Even once the pre-order becomes available the price may shift by the time the release date arrives.

It's nice to see some of the best stuff from the 4-disc Ultimate Edition DVD (which I've had for a long old time now) has been ported over, but that there's a shedload of new extras on here as well. Good to see Second Sight are really investing themselves in this release. They've done some good releases in the UK in the past (e.g. From Beyond, Re-Animator, Basket Case trilogy), but this is shaping up to be their best yet.

Really looking forward to knowing what the Martin package will have in store for us, too. One of Romero's gems.

Moon Knight
07-Apr-2020, 03:03 PM
I adore Martin. So underrated.

Don’t have a UHD player. :(

MinionZombie
07-Apr-2020, 04:15 PM
It's funny listening to some of those tracks 'out of context' (i.e. not when watching the movie). Some of them are quite corny, but when they're actually in the movie I can't imagine them not being there, you know? They really do fit well and, let's be honest, there was a campiness to 1970s consumer culture anyway - the fashions and aspirations etc.

EvilNed
07-Apr-2020, 06:05 PM
I’ve seen a few articles now saying the Blu Rays are locked Region B, UHD is of course Region Free.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3610609/second-sight-fully-details-dawn-dead-4k-uhd-release-packed-new-stuff/

I have a player that can switch between regions. I can confirm or deny this when it's released.
Often discs are labelled as coded a certain region but then aren't actually. The licensor usually demands it, but it's not unheard of for distributors to just don't bother.
However I think we can assume two things; One is that Rubinstein is probably going to be adamant about this. The other is that the reason he is adamant about it is that there is a US release on the way.

Moon Knight
08-Apr-2020, 03:57 PM
I gave up on Dawn when I was a kid because of the music. I just didn’t understand it. It was a disconnect to me.

Years later I gave it another chance and the rest was history. Couldn’t imagine the movie without the soundtrack.

MinionZombie
08-Apr-2020, 05:01 PM
I have a player that can switch between regions. I can confirm or deny this when it's released.
Often discs are labelled as coded a certain region but then aren't actually. The licensor usually demands it, but it's not unheard of for distributors to just don't bother.
However I think we can assume two things; One is that Rubinstein is probably going to be adamant about this. The other is that the reason he is adamant about it is that there is a US release on the way.

Yeah, I would be stunned if there wasn't a US port of this release in some fashion or other in the pipeline. I've read that Rubenstein spent a wodge on that pointless 3D conversion of Dawn - and when the gimmick of 3D was (again) already wearing off. A baffling decision to bother wasting money on that ... so he'll probably be looking to recoup some cashola.

There was a 4K restoration that came out a while ago in France (IIRC?) ... somewhere in Europe anyway (Italy?) ... so now it's Blighty's turn. Americaland shouldn't be too far away.

EvilNed
08-Apr-2020, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I would be stunned if there wasn't a US port of this release in some fashion or other in the pipeline. I've read that Rubenstein spent a wodge on that pointless 3D conversion of Dawn - and when the gimmick of 3D was (again) already wearing off. A baffling decision to bother wasting money on that ... so he'll probably be looking to recoup some cashola.

There was a 4K restoration that came out a while ago in France (IIRC?) ... somewhere in Europe anyway (Italy?) ... so now it's Blighty's turn. Americaland shouldn't be too far away.

There was an extraordinarily cool italian release two years ago, with all versions but only the Argento cut was a 4k scan. This is the first ever release of all three versions with a new 4k scan.

MinionZombie
09-Apr-2020, 09:57 AM
There was an extraordinarily cool italian release two years ago, with all versions but only the Argento cut was a 4k scan. This is the first ever release of all three versions with a new 4k scan.

Ah yes, that's the one I was thinking of!

I never got the Arrow Video release from several years ago as it was basically a port of the Ultimate Edition DVD, except that the theatrical cut was in HD (the others were DVD ports) ... but I sure as hell will be getting my mits on Second Sight's release. :)