PDA

View Full Version : The Old Guard (Netflix movile)

Neil
02-Jul-2020, 05:31 PM
aK-X2d0lJ_s

EvilNed
03-Jul-2020, 06:31 AM
I watched Bloodshot with Vin Diesel the other night. It plays the same trope as this; The protagonist is turned invincible and impossible to kill. The problem is that it's not a very exciting foundation for an action film. If your hero can't be hurt or killed, there is no suspense. I sense the same from this.

Neil
03-Jul-2020, 08:50 AM
I watched Bloodshot with Vin Diesel the other night. It plays the same trope as this; The protagonist is turned invincible and impossible to kill. The problem is that it's not a very exciting foundation for an action film. If your hero can't be hurt or killed, there is no suspense. I sense the same from this.

You could argue the same about Superman? Or is there no Krytonite for these folks?

EvilNed
03-Jul-2020, 09:01 AM
You could argue the same about Superman? Or is there no Krytonite for these folks?

True, but Superman is such a developed character these days that films have started to focus less on his powers and on people trying to screw up things beyond his power to save. In any case, as a protagonist he's not a very interesting character in an action film...