PDA

View Full Version : Flight Simulator 2020 (PC game) - This is utterly astonishing!

Neil
03-Aug-2020, 10:32 PM
The entire planet!

Tpf2XEzr76k

shootemindehead
04-Aug-2020, 11:43 AM
I recently had to downgrade to Windows 10 and one of the biggest decisions was whether of or not to port over my install of FSX to the new hard drive. My FSX folder was humongous, with all the add on airports and cities, planes and skins, etc.

I had no idea that M$ were doing another flight sim and, literally, just found out a couple of days ago. Some of the bids floating around YouTube are magnificent. But, I have to say that also some were just meh. My biggest issue, though, is how this thing will run. FSX was an absolute dog and still is, despite being 14 years old. It had severe issues with how it used memory and far too often would cause problems with textures, making landing at some airports a slideshow, or it would crash (to desktop), and in mid flight across the Atlantic to JFK, that was a right pain in the arse.

This effort seems to be taking map and weather info from the web, so obviously a fast internet connection will be a must. But besides that, I haven't found out any news of what it's like just to run. Hopefully, it runs reasonably well and I've recently bumped up my GPU and I'm think of adding an extra 16gb or RAM to bring things up to 32gb (although for gaming that has a minimal impact).

At over $100, this thing will be expensive and if I do get it, I certainly don't want it running at 3 FPS over Heathrow.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/85/4b/52/854b5281a739e4f3d7a5aaaa5e21a543.gif

"This is Shootem Airlines, I'm coming in for a Seven, Zero, Niner....

...oh bollox..."

Neil
04-Aug-2020, 11:58 AM
"I recently had to downgrade to Windows 10" - Huh?

shootemindehead
04-Aug-2020, 04:33 PM
7 is better.

Neil
04-Aug-2020, 09:46 PM
7 is better.

Hmmm... OK :)