PDA

View Full Version : Account closure/deletion request

ElectricFire169
12-Aug-2020, 11:33 PM
Hi, I don't really use this account anymore and I've decided it'd be best to remove it but it says the forum's powered by vBulletin which doesn't allow manual account deletion, so I would like to respectfully request to any site admins, should their attention be brought to this and if they don't object, to have my account closed and its info either deleted or anonymized. As for my forum posts, I'm sure there's a way of keeping them up without having them attached to an account?

Neil
14-Aug-2020, 11:15 AM
Hi, I don't really use this account anymore and I've decided it'd be best to remove it but it says the forum's powered by vBulletin which doesn't allow manual account deletion, so I would like to respectfully request to any site admins, should their attention be brought to this and if they don't object, to have my account closed and its info either deleted or anonymized. As for my forum posts, I'm sure there's a way of keeping them up without having them attached to an account?
Not sure what's to be gained by this? And what you're hoping to achieve?

If you're worried about security issues, just change your password to something ultra unique?

If you want to detach your email address here from your account, you/we could assign a false email address to it (eg: ignore@ignore.com)?