PDA

View Full Version : The Irishman - Netflix vs Deepfake...

MinionZombie
25-Aug-2020, 04:35 PM
dHSTWepkp_M

Not sure if every shot they've done is supposed to be the youngest version of De Niro's character or not (can't recall), but several of those shots do look better - particularly around the mouth and eyes. In the original version there is more of a droop to the mouth, as well as more pronounced creases running from nose to mouth, and the shot where he's in a chair telling his daughter to say "thank you" you can definitely see the original has more tired, baggier eyes. The DeepFake version of that shot has much brighter and less baggy looking eyes.

Neil
25-Aug-2020, 06:05 PM
Sometimes your brain is screaming that it doesn't look right for some reason. Other times... Not a whisper :)

They're getting there

shootemindehead
25-Aug-2020, 08:30 PM
I'm not too sure that I like the fact that they're getting there though.

Neil
25-Aug-2020, 08:54 PM
I remember this one from a while back. Fails at times... Works well at times...
AQvCmQFScMA

MinionZombie
26-Aug-2020, 10:16 AM
I'm not too sure that I like the fact that they're getting there though.

Yeah, that's gonna be a big problem at some point in the future - politicians enveloped in some sort of fake scandal or, indeed, someone who has legit been caught in a scandal but then claims it's all a DeepFake quite believably, and the like.

shootemindehead
26-Aug-2020, 02:19 PM
Yeah, that's gonna be a big problem at some point in the future - politicians enveloped in some sort of fake scandal or, indeed, someone who has legit been caught in a scandal but then claims it's all a DeepFake quite believably, and the like.

Mmmmm. In about 20 years, it's going to be extremely difficult to tell what's what. The likes of photoshop can already produce very convincing 2d fakes and Deepfake can do it's moving counterpart. God knows what they'll have in a few years time.

Neil
27-Aug-2020, 10:17 AM
Mmmmm. In about 20 years, it's going to be extremely difficult to tell what's what. The likes of photoshop can already produce very convincing 2d fakes and Deepfake can do it's moving counterpart. God knows what they'll have in a few years time.

It'll be like the beginning of The Running Man where the footage of Arnold is faked to make him look guilty...