PDA

View Full Version : The Suicide Squad (2021) Red Band Trailer...

MinionZombie
26-Mar-2021, 05:39 PM
jiedtKegoqw

Looks like fun! :thumbsup:

paranoid101
26-Mar-2021, 05:47 PM
James Gunn is all over that, also the man can do gore just check out the wonderful Slither movie.

Not at can't wait yet, but as you said looks fun.

bassman
01-Apr-2021, 09:48 AM
Agreed, it looks fun. The best thing going for this film is that it’s pure, untamed James Gunn. He’s stated on multiple occasions that Warner Brothers gave him the green light and then never once interfered. They botched the last movie, but on this one they’re letting the director loose. On top of that, I imagine Gunn was filled with piss and vinegar because it was immediately following his firing from Marvel. He’s since returned for Guardians 3, but I imagine the firing at that time effected his take on this movie. And they gave him complete control, which is very out of character for WB.

This movie features both Lloyd Kaufman and Sylvester Stallone. Just wanted to point out that weird fact....

MinionZombie
01-Apr-2021, 10:49 AM
Agreed, it looks fun. The best thing going for this film is that it’s pure, untamed James Gunn. He’s stated on multiple occasions that Warner Brothers gave him the green light and then never once interfered.

This movie features both Lloyd Kaufman and Sylvester Stallone. Just wanted to point out that weird fact....

1) Excellent. I think more studios should remember who the filmmakers are. The suits haven't got a creative bone in their body most of the time, so they should recognise that and let the creative folks do their friggin' job.

WB demanding Justice League be two hours max was one crystal clear example of studio interference that was catastrophic.

2) :lol: Lloyd in enemy territory, haha! Mind you, he must be chuffed to see his former employee doing so well. Marvel made an idiotic decision shoving him out the door in a panic (over an issue that had already been dealt with years prior). They caved to cancel culture, wielded instead by the right wing, and made themselves look like total fucking idiots. At least they corrected their mistake and brought him back for Guardians #3 - but I'll be really interested to see what Gunn does with The Suicide Squad.

Apparently there's some talk going around about The Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad - some folks hashtagging to release it, which would be interesting.

Despite it's flaws, I really enjoyed Suicide Squad, which was the most comic-book-like comic book movie I've ever seen, quite possibly. The way it was structured, how the scenes were edited, etc - it all felt very much like pages of a comic book and how the story is told in that medium. Now, of course, they maybe went a bit too far with that (e.g. the crunching exposition for Katana). It's messy and scrappy, but it's a lot of fun and has numerous stand out moments.

EvilNed
05-Apr-2021, 10:28 PM
I love it whenever there's a new film that I won't feel any Fo-Mo over whatsoever for missing out on.

bassman
06-Apr-2021, 12:01 PM
Apparently there's some talk going around about The Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad - some folks hashtagging to release it, which would be interesting.

I doubt it’ll happen, unless WB needs more content for HBOmax, which doesn’t look likely with their entire 2021 theatrical slate premiering on the service. I would like to see Ayer’s original idea, though. Apparently WB took all of his footage, nicely gave him the boot, and the theatrical cut was cobbled together by trailer editors. Makes sense when looking at the final product.

I love it whenever there's a new film that I won't feel any Fo-Mo over whatsoever for missing out on.

qgZN0caTvxc

:p