View Full Version : Black Widow (film)

Neil
19-Jul-2021, 10:24 AM
Any of you folks seen it yet?

ybji16u608U

MinionZombie
19-Jul-2021, 05:32 PM
Nope, not yet.

I'll see it when (or if?) it comes to something other than Disney+ (I don't have that streaming service - too many services, frankly).

The word I've heard is that it's a bit "meh".

The MCU has been so ubiquitous in the last 13 years of the cinema landscape that I'm feeling fairly burned out on it, and I've got little anticipation for the next phase (save for the likes of Ant-Man 3 and Spider-Man 3).

paranoid101
19-Jul-2021, 08:29 PM
Nope, not yet.

I'll see it when (or if?) it comes to something other than Disney+ (I don't have that streaming service - too many services, frankly).

The word I've heard is that it's a bit "meh".

The MCU has been so ubiquitous in the last 13 years of the cinema landscape that I'm feeling fairly burned out on it, and I've got little anticipation for the next phase (save for the likes of Ant-Man 3 and Spider-Man 3).

Its slightly above meh, its an ok, 6or7/10 not Thor the dark world bad, you will get some fun out of it, the family stuff is the most enjoyable, also Florence Pugh is very good and will make a good Replacement Black Widow in Future films.

bassman
31-Jul-2021, 11:16 PM
I’ve yet to see the movie, but apparently Johansson isn’t happy about the simultaneous streaming release, as she’s filed a big lawsuit against Disney. One could easily say “how much more money does she need?!?”, but if a large portion of her pay was based on back-end ticket sales, Disney essentially stole her money with the premium streaming fees, which weren’t factored into her contract. Shortly after release, Disney was bragging about the revenue they received from Disney Plus views of Black Widow. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 million, iirc. They might regret bragging about that…

Neil
01-Aug-2021, 10:30 AM
I’ve yet to see the movie, but apparently Johansson isn’t happy about the simultaneous streaming release, as she’s filed a big lawsuit against Disney. One could easily say “how much more money does she need?!?”, but if a large portion of her pay was based on back-end ticket sales, Disney essentially stole her money with the premium streaming fees, which weren’t factored into her contract. Shortly after release, Disney was bragging about the revenue they received from Disney Plus views of Black Widow. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 million, iirc. They might regret bragging about that…

It's a good point!

MinionZombie
01-Aug-2021, 10:51 AM

It was like the thing between Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema over LOTR money. NLC dared to basically say 'he made shit loads out of it, why does he need more' - to which Jackson and any reasonable person would say: 'because you contractually OWE them more'. Honour the contract, mofos!

And that Black Widow contract will have been drawn up long before Covid was on anyone's radar. The movie was done and ready to be released, so it couldn't have been forseen.

Plus, Hollywood accounting is fucked up. Everyone's suing everyone over profit share. The lawyers in Hollywood are raking it in. How about they just honour the contract, pay the lawyers fuck all and that money instead goes into the respective pockets of those who are owed.

It's like the recent Darabont/AMC lawsuit. $200m payout from AMC due to dodgy business regarding profit sharing.

Pay what you owe, Hollywood. Pay what you fucking owe. Without the creatives you've got fuck all else than a bunch of talent-free suits.

Neil
04-Aug-2021, 09:33 AM
Interesting chat about her legal action against Disney.

itzliVh8RKA