PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on US Women's Football/Soccer Team claiming (pay) discrimination

Neil
27-Jul-2021, 08:20 AM
What with the Olympics at the moment, I found this interesting. So when Megan Rapinoe goes on one of her tirades, how fair/grounded is it?

LLeAWuRbObQ

JDP
27-Jul-2021, 01:13 PM
The US is the only place in the world where women's soccer has any popularity at all. Everywhere else in the world, soccer is the quintessential men's sport, as far as 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 % of the population's perception is concerned.

Also, the US is the only place in the world where it is known by a name other than "football". Weird.

Neil
27-Jul-2021, 04:54 PM
The US is the only place in the world where women's soccer has any popularity at all. Everywhere else in the world, soccer is the quintessential men's sport, as far as 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 % of the population's perception is concerned.

Also, the US is the only place in the world where it is known by a name other than "football". Weird.

Women's football does OK around the world at the moment I suspect. But undoubtably the US is ploughing plenty of money into it though...

EvilNed
27-Jul-2021, 05:01 PM
Yeah Women's football is getting more popular in some countries. Sometimes because people realize that their women's team are better than their men's team - relatively speaking.

Neil
27-Jul-2021, 08:29 PM
Yeah Women's football is getting more popular in some countries. Sometimes because people realize that their women's team are better than their men's team - relatively speaking.

I sort of enjoy women's football as it's a tad slower, which at times I quite like. BUT - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/australian-women-s-national-team-lose-70-to-team-of-15yearold-boys-a3257266.html

I think we're going to see possibly a similar revelation about men vs women in physical sports, with the women's weigh lifting in a week or so - https://news.sky.com/story/laurel-hubbard-transgender-weightlifter-is-set-to-make-history-at-tokyo-olympics-but-does-she-have-unfair-advantage-12359559

I'm hoping that he/she wins Gold, and smashes Olympic records to highlight what a (unhealthy) farce it is.

EvilNed
27-Jul-2021, 09:03 PM
I think we're going to see possibly a similar revelation about men vs women in physical sports, with the women's weigh lifting in a week or so - https://news.sky.com/story/laurel-hubbard-transgender-weightlifter-is-set-to-make-history-at-tokyo-olympics-but-does-she-have-unfair-advantage-12359559

I'm hoping that he/she wins Gold, and smashes Olympic records to highlight what a (unhealthy) farce it is.

It's a joke. I'm all for equal rights, but I've done enough powerlifting in my days to know the in's and out's of human biology. Men have different muscle fibers that women, and a much higher concentration of them in the upper body. We are different. Men are more explosive. It's a fact.

JDP
28-Jul-2021, 04:09 AM
Gentlemen, don't let empirical facts stand in the way of "wokeness".

Neil
28-Jul-2021, 12:11 PM
Gentlemen, don't let empirical facts stand in the way of "wokeness".

If/when Laurel Hubbard wins the Olympic gold, hopefully setting new 'womens' records in doing so, I can't wait to watch all the news reader and sports commentators desperately trying to keep up their faux positivity in the face of the utter destructive lunacy of it.