PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix Resurrections...

MinionZombie
09-Sep-2021, 01:13 PM
9ix7TUGVYIo

Please be good ... please be good ... please be good...

Neil
09-Sep-2021, 01:49 PM
90% chance it will be up its self, over thought, woo woo....

But I'll cling onto that 10% chance. Please be good... please be good... please be good...

MinionZombie
09-Sep-2021, 03:57 PM
The trailer promises some interesting ideas, but I do wonder if it'll end up being too much retreading of the first movie's path - in which case, why bother?

Still, the trailer looked good ... mind you, I'm keeping my expectations a bit low on this one. It's been so many years and belated sequels are a really hard thing to nail.

EvilNed
09-Sep-2021, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure.
Like, the first part of the film - about The Matrix being a dream..? I don't want that.
And everything after that.. What's that about? Cause I've seen better action scenes in the previous Matrix films. Which makes me wonder.. What's new in this?

Neil
09-Sep-2021, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure.
Like, the first part of the film - about The Matrix being a dream..? I don't want that.
And everything after that.. What's that about? Cause I've seen better action scenes in the previous Matrix films. Which makes me wonder.. What's new in this?

That's my concern, lots of contrived stuff about Neo second guessing his own state of mind, and bumping into people he's not sure if he knows or not, etc etc...

Hmmm... Guess we'll see...

Neil
11-Sep-2021, 04:36 PM
So, Trinity is infact "The One"? And Neo was just "mansplaining" for three films?

MinionZombie
11-Sep-2021, 04:56 PM
So, Trinity is infact "The One"? And Neo was just "mansplaining" for three films?

Huh???

Neil
11-Sep-2021, 05:43 PM
Huh???

I fear we're going to get a dose of modern political correctness included...

JDP
11-Sep-2021, 06:15 PM
I fear we're going to get a dose of modern political correctness included...

The Woketrix?

Neil
11-Sep-2021, 09:25 PM
The Woketrix?

Let's hope not, but in this era, I fear the temptation to put in 'messages' and certain 'lessons' may prove to much for Lana. ie: I suspect there may be desire to 'educate' the (ignorance) audience about things...

Fingers crossed I'm just imaging problems that don't exist, and we get Matrix 4 which is at least better than no.2!

EvilNed
12-Sep-2021, 08:30 AM
I enjoyed 2 and 3, so whichever and I'm game. Mind you, I was just the right age. In 1999 I was 12. In 2003 I was 16.

But the trailer doesn't really sell me on it.

MinionZombie
12-Sep-2021, 10:46 AM
I enjoyed 2 and 3, so whichever and I'm game. Mind you, I was just the right age. In 1999 I was 12. In 2003 I was 16.

But the trailer doesn't really sell me on it.

Aye, I also enjoyed 2 and 3.

Sure, they're certainly not perfect, take themselves too seriously, and miss that certain something that made the original film sooo special, but I feel 2 and 3 get ripped on way too much, it was 'cool to hate' on them and then it just became a lazy cliche. Like I said, they're certainly not without flaws or moments of eye-rolly cheesiness, but there's a lot of awesome stuff in there. The highway sequence in #2 alone is superb - anytime I happen upon it on TV I always check that bit out. The CGI in the burly brawl might be ropey, especially now, but the sequence is still awesome. #3 has that cool lobby shoot out with some folk on the ceiling and the climax was pretty darn spectacular between the rain-sodden city fight and the battle for Zion.

I saw them all at the cinema - the original blew my mind in '99. One of those unforgettable cinema experiences. Went to see it with my Dad at a small local cinema. I remember getting so hyped up for the film watching clips on TV, and it certainly didn't disappoint. I watched it so many times on VHS, too.

So yeah - I dearly hope Matrix 4 turns out good and, yes, I'd also hope that it's not crammed full of 'messages' and pandering and what not. You just never know these days as too many studios or filmmakers just can't help themselves from some hamfisted, thumbed-in dry 'audience education'. There's always been messages in things beforehand, but it was handled so much better and, crucially, there wasn't Social Media or the sheer volume of Twitter blabber or 'cancel culture' attitudes. Back when "discussion" was actually possible. Anyway ... hopefully it doesn't get sucked into that crap and they just focus on making a good feckin' movie, you know. That's kinda the point!

bassman
12-Sep-2021, 11:24 AM
Looks pretty good. Out of Lana’s recent work, hopefully it’s more like Sense8, which I loved, and less like Jupiter Ascending.

Neil
13-Sep-2021, 02:27 PM
Didn't Neo die in no3? So I guess the title of this one will have to be the case?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe... MAYBE... As a protection (think firewall), the Matrix was simply a vitual existance, rendered within ANOTHER MAXTRIX :)

So when Neo thought it was out of the Matrix, in his real body, he was actually then in the real Matrix, which he'd then need to actually escape from. Wooooooah!

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2021, 04:20 PM
Didn't Neo die in no3? So I guess the title of this one will have to be the case?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe... MAYBE... As a protection (think firewall), the Matrix was simply a vitual existance, rendered within ANOTHER MAXTRIX :)

So when Neo thought it was out of the Matrix, in his real body, he was actually then in the real Matrix, which he'd then need to actually escape from. Wooooooah!

Matrix-ception!

IIRC Neo died but was kind of subsumed into the Matrix, which was allowed to continue at the end of #3, but it had to give the option for people to opt out, essentially, right? Sounds kinda lame saying it like that, like the Matrix were forced to add a Cookies warning to the world ... ... hey, but maybe the film is about how the Matrix played tricky buggers by making the opt-out option a real pain in the ass to get around, so people just said 'fuck it' and clicked to remain inside the Matrix. :D

Neil
23-Nov-2021, 08:18 PM
Fingers crossed this is even half as good as the first flick...

xdcpCYv9vRM

Neil
09-Dec-2021, 08:13 AM
nNpvWBuTfrc

Neil
24-Dec-2021, 03:02 PM
Oh dear...

JHClha6zpRw

- - - Updated - - -

Reviews seem to suggest I may be partly right? If so... :elol: :elol: :elol: :elol:

MinionZombie
24-Dec-2021, 10:37 PM
If so, can we just stop having late-in-the-day sequels/reboots that basically say 'everything you invested in beforehand is being flipped upside down 'cos fuck you', or ones that just needlessly seek to invert anything and everything ... it's actually quite lazy and it's quite dismissive of the audience.

It's like the trend of rebooting/belated sequel-ing where you find the main character to be fucking miserable having lost everything (in a cheap shock reveal) they had previously fought for.

qYFZu3YU-4g

Neil
28-Dec-2021, 05:01 PM
p8n8WdpW9tA

paranoid101
28-Dec-2021, 07:54 PM
tHCsz78GfYg

shootemindehead
30-Dec-2021, 05:19 PM
The Matrix sucks, let's be honest. The first film is decent even if it's incredibly over rated by its fans. But the two sequels it spawned were absolute shite. No surprises at all that this belated sequel (ahem...cash grab) is getting a meh reaction too.

MinionZombie
30-Dec-2021, 10:56 PM
"Absolute shite" is pretty harsh.

They weren't as good and pure as the original movie, certainly, and they weren't without their flaws (overblown dialogue, inflated sense of self-importance), but they also had some epic action set pieces (the highway chase and burly brawl from #2, the coat check fight and the last battle of Zion were all awesome).

This 4th one looks pretty darn pointless, though. The Wachowskis (only one of them in this instance) really have struggled to nail a film this side of the millennium. Both "Bound" and "The Matrix" were great. Everything since has either been flawed (Matrix 2 and 3) or too unwieldy (Cloud Atlas - worth a watch, had some good stuff, but I won't be returning to it) or messy CGI overloads (Speed Racer) or whatever the fuck Jupiter Ascending was.

bassman
01-Jan-2022, 02:05 PM
I liked it! It’s not the first movie at all, yet it references it very heavily. In a lot of ways, this movie feels like Wachowski’s Gremlins 2….