PDA

View Full Version : Alma

Rottedfreak
13-Oct-2021, 04:59 PM
7milLEz3Ij4&t=228s
This is a short from 2009 that was supposed to get a full feature by Dreamworks but nothings materialised.

Neil
13-Oct-2021, 07:18 PM
OMG! That's dark!

MinionZombie
14-Oct-2021, 10:16 AM
Gosh, I wonder why Dreamworks never made a feature out of that! :lol:

That said, it's a very well made short that tells it's story very succinctly with lovely touches to the animation. But yeah, it played out much like a horror film, so I'd imagine it'd be too scary for smaller kids anyway, at least in the USA and similar territories where they're surrounded by cotton wool.

shootemindehead
14-Oct-2021, 11:22 AM
Wouldn't work as a full film. Great as a little short though.

Neil
14-Oct-2021, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't like my young kids to watch this... Disturbing content wrapped up as something else.

MinionZombie
14-Oct-2021, 01:37 PM
Wouldn't work as a full film. Great as a little short though.

If you had the right story and characters to go along with it, you could ... but it'd really all rest on having the right material with enough room for exploration, which would be possible, but it'd also be just as likely to feel overlong with little to say or do with the wrong script.

I wouldn't like my young kids to watch this... Disturbing content wrapped up as something else.

Yeah, it's a really creepy idea. Perhaps in some other territories around the world where they have really disturbing children's stories as a regular thing, but there's no way you could seel this to a mainstream audience in the USA, for example ... especially these days.

Rottedfreak
14-Oct-2021, 06:17 PM
Selfie dolls seem to be new to the US and UK, they were a thing when and where this short is set: France, but I can't imagine a toy manufacturer supporting any film based on this given it may scare kids off the idea of selfie dolls.