PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Movie

zombie04
29-Jul-2006, 02:41 AM
I was just thinking about this coming out next year and then a thought just popped into my head that really just makes me sad. I think the show started it's decline when they stopped using the characters of Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure due to the death of Phil Hartman. Then I started to think about all the stuff he did on SNL in the early 90s and that just about did it for me. In my opinion not too many people were funnier than that man and I think a lot of shows and movies would have been just that much better had his wife not killed him. I just think it's amazing how so many things can really depend on a few individuals and then when they're taken away, you really start to appreciate their work so much more. I guess I'll just pop in my Simpsons Season 7 dvd and enjoy some more good times for another hour.

Just a little random thought.

Rottedfreak
29-Jul-2006, 09:13 AM
When Simpsons was funny:
Homer being a idiot ("I'm not usually a praying man, but if your up there, pleaase save me Superman!") not acting the idiot.
Guest stars as characters, not themselves.
Characters doing daft things like Mr Burns being evil, Wiggum and his misintupretation of the law, Barney always between jobs and being drunk, Gil being the biggest loser in the world (working at a call center: "Cmon you gotta help out old Gil, what do ya want me to do? dance for ya? but you wouldn't even see it! alright here I go dancing.").

Phil Hartmans various roles were always a joy but there were other factors that kept the show going.

MinionZombie
29-Jul-2006, 01:00 PM
The Simpson's started going downhill when it entered double figure seasons, the first couple of double-figured seasons were okay, but then after that they just got worse and worse and worse. Now we've got season 18 on the bloody way. 16 was turd, 17 was turd (except for the episode that talked about Creationism - classic Simpson's).

They should let it die already - or get some writers that can write! And hurry up with the bringing back of Futurama already too!

coma
29-Jul-2006, 03:23 PM
I dont watch Simpsons at all anymore, but I did see the creaton episode. That was super funny. I was really surprised, becuae the show now is a total load and I could care less about the movie. About 10-12 years too late

Danny
30-Jul-2006, 02:54 AM
the simpsons is **** now , and though i never thought id say this, i now find king of the hill funnier.

its a **** show that apparently no one finds funny anymore its just moronic, like that lame ass joey show.

...cmon you watched one epsidoe at elast admit it....:barf: :dead:

MinionZombie
30-Jul-2006, 10:10 AM
lol, Joey wasn't much cop was it? My sister enjoyed it (but then again Joey was her fave Friends character), I see they've done a second season (to round off the story before cancellation), but I haven't been able to see it yet - Kevin Smith makes a cameo as himself though in one episode - YouTube that sh*t my friend.

King of the Hill is a great show, I don't really watch it these days as I've gotten all out-of-synch with it, but used to watch it when it was on Channel 4 and have seen the odd one here and there on FX. It's a more subtle humour with classic, core characters and a lot of character humour. It's surprisingly well done, but well, it is from the dude who gave us Beavis & Butthead.