PDA

View Full Version : Love, Death + Robots: Volume 3 (Netflix)

MinionZombie
09-May-2022, 03:42 PM
Xj2b0swdpX8

'Night of the Mini Dead' looks awesome, as does the one with the murderin' rats, and of course the return of '3 Robots'.

9 shorts. Looks like a slightly better mix over all than volume 2. Looking forward to it!

Neil
10-May-2022, 08:35 AM
WOW! First Avatar, now LD&R volume 3? You're making my day today MZ :)

MinionZombie
10-May-2022, 09:55 AM
WOW! First Avatar, now LD&R volume 3? You're making my day today MZ :)

You're welcome. That'll be twenty quid. ;)

Neil
11-May-2022, 03:59 PM
March 20th

MinionZombie
11-May-2022, 09:16 PM
March 20th

Several weeks ago? :p

You mean May 20th?

Neil
11-May-2022, 09:39 PM
Several weeks ago? :p

You mean May 20th?

Lol! Brain fart moment :)

Neil
21-May-2022, 02:24 PM
Night of the Mini Dead was classic :)

MinionZombie
21-May-2022, 03:30 PM
Night of the Mini Dead was classic :)

Yeah, that was a really good one. "Zombies? Not in my country!"

"Mason's Rats" was also really good, that and NOTMD were my top two. The follow-up to 3 Robots being in third.

There's the odd one where I'm a bit 'so what?', or they look great but I don't really connect with them (e.g. the one with the bejewelled woman in the lake was quite visually spectacular, but I didn't really get hooked by the story).

I also really enjoyed the one about the cybernetically-augmented bear.

Seems volume three has brought back some more of the violent chaos and crude humour of the first volume.

Neil
21-May-2022, 03:44 PM
"the one with the bejewelled woman in the lake" - I loved it - Jibaro - WOW!

EDIT: Just ended up:-
1) Watched that episode again with the amp cranked up. Love it!
2) Ended up clicking thru s1 and s2... I'd forgotten how many great (quirky) little gems there were in there too!

MinionZombie
22-May-2022, 10:05 AM
Jibaro was visually splendid, but with no dialogue and no real story, I didn't really get connected to it at all. Again, visually it was superb and quite inventive and colourful.

There's quite a few treats strewn about the various volumes. Something to suit a variety of tastes.

Sometimes there's shorts where I end up thinking "what was the point of that story?", with so little of real consequence or apparent purpose happening, but those are rare over the piece.