PDA

View Full Version : Everything You Probably Didn't Know About Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Neil
24-May-2022, 08:37 AM
Stumbled on this...

Q73ZdORyVM0

JDP
24-May-2022, 05:04 PM
Stumbled on this...

Q73ZdORyVM0

@5:34 "Peter is the second person in the franchise to refer to the undead as 'zombies'. The term is only used by a reporter on the radio once in Night of the Living Dead, 1968."

I don't recall this. The word "zombie" was used in a description of a scene in the Night of the Living Dead shooting script, but as far as I can tell, no actual spoken line in the movie itself mentions the term.

MinionZombie
24-May-2022, 10:05 PM
I already knew like 98% of that, and the other 2% I think I'd just forgotten. :D

But then again, I've been fascinated with this flick for over twenty years at this point.

RE: the word "zombie" ... I don't recall it being used in Night, either. I re-watched the news clips on YouTube and they don't use it there. The radio report during the scene where Ben lights the chair on fire? Nothing. The TV news reports (just in case)? Nope. Only the word "ghoul" is used numerous times.

JDP
25-May-2022, 12:41 AM
RE: the word "zombie" ... I don't recall it being used in Night, either. I re-watched the news clips on YouTube and they don't use it there. The radio report during the scene where Ben lights the chair on fire? Nothing. The TV news reports (just in case)? Nope. Only the word "ghoul" is used numerous times.

I've been wondering if it was referring to perhaps some scene that was shot but not used in the final film.

MinionZombie
25-May-2022, 09:33 AM
I've been wondering if it was referring to perhaps some scene that was shot but not used in the final film.

Hmmm ... that's probably unlikely. For that kind of video I can't imagine they'd be digging that deep, especially as most of the stuff you "probably didn't know" is in fact stuff you already did know. :p

Are there more radio scenes or just the one? I can't recall off the top of my head. There's various TV reports (none of which mentioned "zombie", only "ghoul").

Neil
25-May-2022, 10:41 AM
I already knew like 98% of that, and the other 2% I think I'd just forgotten. :D

But then again, I've been fascinated with this flick for over twenty years at this point.

Agreed.. It's nice to revisit this stuff :)