PDA

View Full Version : Steam Deck

kidgloves
28-May-2022, 03:36 PM
I've had the 64gb model for a couple of weeks now so i think i can offer an opinion on it.

Once they iron out the software and make it dual bootable with a working version of windows, i think Playstation will be in trouble. Valve and MS have been making eyes at each other for a while now 🤣
When that PC gamepass app becomes workable on this absolute beast of a handheld, my gaming world will be complete. Its a tinkerers and emulation dream machine.🤩

Im not one for writing long reviews but if anyone has any questions, fire away.

Neil
28-May-2022, 07:14 PM
I've had the 64gb model for a couple of weeks now so i think i can offer an opinion on it.

Once they iron out the software and make it dual bootable with a working version of windows, i think Playstation will be in trouble. Valve and MS have been making eyes at each other for a while now ��
When that PC gamepass app becomes workable on this absolute beast of a handheld, my gaming world will be complete. Its a tinkerers and emulation dream machine.��

Im not one for writing long reviews but if anyone has any questions, fire away.

What does the PC gamepass app offer?

kidgloves
28-May-2022, 09:06 PM
What does the PC gamepass app offer?

For me it's part of a subscription I already pay for. I have 3 years of Ultimate Game pass stacked which is Xbox. PC and streaming games.

There is a separate PC gampass MS offer

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/pc-game-pass

Neil
29-May-2022, 09:40 AM
For me it's part of a subscription I already pay for. I have 3 years of Ultimate Game pass stacked which is Xbox. PC and streaming games.

There is a separate PC gampass MS offer

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/pc-game-pass

What does it do though? Allow you to play Steam games on the PC? Or play PC games on the Steam Deck streaming from a PC? Etc?

kidgloves
29-May-2022, 12:29 PM
What does it do though? Allow you to play Steam games on the PC? Or play PC games on the Steam Deck streaming from a PC? Etc?

It's basically a game subscription service. You install the games locally. I'm excited because it's not something I've managed to take advantage of as I'm not really a PC gamer. Lots of games are on pc but not on xbox. The app is part of Windows

Neil
29-May-2022, 01:00 PM
So for £8 a month you get to install any of those titles included on your PC? Or on Steam Deck?

kidgloves
29-May-2022, 05:25 PM
So for £8 a month you get to install any of those titles included on your PC? Or on Steam Deck?

Yup. There are cheaper ways of doing it. I bought 3 years of xbox live gold membership codes from cdkeys for just over £100. When you take the trial for £1 (can only do it once) it converts the 3 years into xbox gamepass ultimate which is pc and xbox. I saved over £200.
There are lots of guides on how to do this on the Internet

- - - Updated - - -

It's why MS bought all those studios. Bethesda, Activision etc.
All their games go to gamepass. EA play is also included.
MS have become very gamer friendly since Phil Spencer took over xbox.