PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead movies with Rick scrapped…..

Harleydude666
23-Jul-2022, 01:02 AM
https://www.indiewire.com/2022/07/the-walking-dead-movie-replaced-with-limited-series-1234744691/

The stars revealed that a previously-announced series of theatrical films starring Lincoln will not be moving forward. Instead, Lincoln and Gurira will reprise their roles as Rick Grimes and Michonne in a six-episode limited series from showrunner Scott Gimple.

beat_truck
23-Jul-2022, 01:55 AM
I can't say I'm all that surprised. Hopefully, Gimple doesn't fuck this up as bad as he did TWD's later episodes when he was in control.

JDP
23-Jul-2022, 11:52 AM
It started with the promise of "three movies", then one, now zero.

The whole idea of severing Rick from the main show and transplanting him into separate movies or shows was silly to begin with. He was the only character the main show truly could not do without. It always revolved around him. It was basically "his" show. TWD has never been the same since that bad move.

MinionZombie
23-Jul-2022, 12:07 PM
Well at least we're getting a limited six-episode mini-series to cover this, but then I'm now assuming we won't have them return inside the main body of Season 11 of TWD, which would be disappointing and feel a bit 'tacked on'.

As long as it's good, then that's aye fine, but it'd feel tidier to have it wrapped up inside season 11 - not that I'm expecting that, but that's just what would've felt most right, if that makes sense?

Anyway - at least we are actually going to get something. It did feel odd to me that they were going the TV movie route rather than just do something like this that they're now doing.

Neil
25-Jul-2022, 06:48 PM
^ Agreed!

facestabber
26-Jul-2022, 04:30 AM
Ricks back, I’m back. Can’t say my faith is at a high level but this is easy to give a shot.
When you reflect on the turbulence that has surrounded this show since between Season 1&2 with Durabont and also AMC cutting the budget. After all is said and done there is a huge emotional payoff on the horizon for fans when Rick and his family is reunited. I can only hope the writing and camera work deliver what we all deserve. I still remember Carl’s face at the quarry.