PDA

View Full Version : Hellraiser (Hulu Reboot)...

MinionZombie
20-Sep-2022, 10:50 PM
LERZG74uATE

*shrug*

Trailer doesn't hook me at all ... ... get it ... hook me. ;) :p :clown: :D

Who knows, maybe it's just a 'meh' trailer and it'll actually be good ... but when it comes to Hellraiser, there's the first two excellent movies and then a whole load of shit. Hellraiser 3 was stupid most of the time and trying to be all Freddy Krueger pun-tastic, and I only got as far as Hellraiser 4 (the one in space). Packed it in after that, although it was years before I'd realised they'd kept making them, so...

Neil
21-Sep-2022, 08:06 AM
Is Pinhead now a 'strong female lead'?

Will be interesting to see it, but I suspect it'll ultimately just be a bit vapid and run of the mill.

JDP
21-Sep-2022, 09:03 AM

Wokeraiser?

MinionZombie
21-Sep-2022, 09:51 AM

Will be interesting to see it, but I suspect it'll ultimately just be a bit vapid and run of the mill.

Apparently in the original story 'Pinhead' (or 'Lead Cenobite' or un-named cenobite) was female/non-specific.

I don't really know why this movie needed to be made at all, to be honest. I'm not sure of the rights ownership situation (which was apparently part of the reason for some of the rushed-out later sequels), although Barker is back as a producer this time.

Neil
21-Sep-2022, 12:08 PM
Apparently in the original story 'Pinhead' (or 'Lead Cenobite' or un-named cenobite) was female/non-specific.

I don't really know why this movie needed to be made at all, to be honest. I'm not sure of the rights ownership situation (which was apparently part of the reason for some of the rushed-out later sequels), although Barker is back as a producer this time.

Well, famous brand so guaranteed attention and therefore $?

MinionZombie
21-Sep-2022, 12:25 PM
Well, famous brand so guaranteed attention and therefore $?

Yeah, the old cliche of horror reboots/remakes again.

Even making it a female Pinhead, regardless of the source material, just feels so predictable and cliched by this point.

The trailer didn't give me any chills either, just felt all rather ... *shrug* ... you know?

shootemindehead
21-Sep-2022, 12:51 PM
I thought that this was going to be a series.

Anyway, 'Hellraiser' is one of those stories that has absolutely nowhere to go. Once you've seen the original film, and I'd chuck the sequel in there too, you're done. I cannot see what a remake will have to offer anyone who's even remotely familiar with the 80's movies, other than a mild curiosity piece.