PDA

View Full Version : The Flash (film) - The best Batman film in years?

Neil
23-May-2023, 11:04 AM
gwdEJssbr0A

EvilNed
23-May-2023, 06:44 PM
It might be okay, but it's way too late to the game. People won't turn up in droves to watch it.

Neil
23-May-2023, 07:42 PM
There has been a long series of highly mediocre super hero films recently that's for sure, and people do seem to be getting tired of it. That said, I enjoyed Guardians 3 (although not as good as 1&2 IMHO), and if the reviews for "The Flash" continue to be good, I'll give it a go.

MinionZombie
23-May-2023, 10:24 PM
The interest in this film does indeed seem to be seeing it more as a Batman film than a Flash film, and the advertising is certainly leaning-in hard on that one ... not surprising when your protagonist has been leading an ... ... interesting ... ... life lately. :rockbrow:

Certainly, my interest is much more in seeing the Batman stuff in this than anything else, but I'll definitely be watching it - at some point. Haven't been to the cinema since 2019 and this isn't the one to bring me back. :p

Neil
19-Jun-2023, 09:05 PM
OK, fairly run of the mill enjoyable stuff. Nice seeing some famous faces reprising roles again.

shootemindehead
20-Jun-2023, 11:57 AM
I thought Ezra Miller was persona non grata these days.

Neil
20-Jun-2023, 12:08 PM

Don't know... Missed anything about him TBH.

On the subject of other actors playing these famous roles in this film:-Seeing a quick homage of Cage as Superman made my giggle like a school girl :)

MinionZombie
21-Jun-2023, 10:18 PM

I think it was a case of Warner Bros had already spent a shedload on the movie, so weren't up for shelving it like they'd done with the much lower budgeted (by comparison) Batgirl (hence the marketing putting big focus on Batman's involvement). Also, there seemed to be attempts by EM and the surrounding team to be contrite, but EM's a bit of a shitshow and I doubt he'll be back on a project like this going forward.

EvilNed
22-Jun-2023, 06:39 AM
It might be okay, but it's way too late to the game. People won't turn up in droves to watch it.

Nailed it.

Regarding Ezra Miller I don't think they've got that much star power. Most people would rather not see them than see them.

MinionZombie
22-Jun-2023, 09:50 AM
Nailed it.

Regarding Ezra Miller I don't think they've got that much star power. Most people would rather not see them than see them.

:lol::lol::lol:

Nice prediction. :D

EM - yep, not got the star power. Few do these days, the wattage of the 'movie star' now is a dim whisp compared to the previous century.