PDA

View Full Version : The Toxic Avenger (2023) remake trailer...

MinionZombie
01-Oct-2023, 12:05 PM
0R0JN2VrXM4

I'm not sure how Peter Dinklage will work as Toxie, to be honest ... hopefully it turns out it'll work and be something enjoyably different, but at the same time we've basically seen nothing of him in the role, let alone anything to convince us footage wise.

That concern aside, it looks like they've kept this low budget enough to get the splatter going - and it's even got the likes of Elijah Wood and Kevin Bacon appearing in it! :stunned:

Now, it's not going to be what the original was, and I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near as sleazy (i.e. nudity/sex) or as in-your-face as the original movie (i.e. the gang of gym fanatics running over a young lad on his bicycle and delighting in his demise - something the BBFC originally hacked out of the movie here in the UK).

But, as far as remakes go, the first impression from this teaser is positive from me - but we've also seen very little.

Apparently it's got Kauffman's seal of approval, though - and it's written/directed by Macon Blair (Blue Ruin), so there's capable hands at the helm.

EvilNed
01-Oct-2023, 10:03 PM
Yeah, looks chaotic enough to catch my attention.

MinionZombie
02-Oct-2023, 02:27 PM
uNhPrAsJ090

Interview with writer/director Macon Blair.