PDA

View Full Version : Killers of the Flower Moon (film) - Martin Scorsese,Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro

Neil
19-Oct-2023, 08:39 PM
Looking forward to this 3+hrs!

EP34Yoxs3FQ

MinionZombie
20-Oct-2023, 10:11 AM
I was just watching Kermode's review of this. He liked it quite a bit, but was also raising the issue of the runtime and felt it didn't need to be 3.5 hrs long, and suggested there's going to have to be a conversation soon about theatrical vs streaming lengths (this film is also being released theatrically, where it 'feels' different than watching at home, he says).

I think, certainly, there's an issue of streamers being quite happy to allow directors to just expand things as much as they want because it means more "minutes watched" that they can then use to boast about in terms of 'ratings' once it has been released. A shorter film, which may be a superior cut with some judicious editing and removing anything that doesn't actually need to be there, doesn't garner as many 'minutes watched'.

EvilNed
20-Oct-2023, 10:11 AM
I'm on the fence. It looks so drab and dusty. Not really the kind of entertainment I'm after right now.