PDA

View Full Version : RIP Cindy Morgan

JDP
07-Jan-2024, 07:02 PM
Lora/Yori from Tron:

https://www.etonline.com/cindy-morgan-caddyshack-and-tron-actress-dead-at-69-217395

How did they ever make a sequel to that movie without her character (as well as David Warner's) in it is beyond comprehension. Even Alan/Tron himself was relegated to a minimal role. Yes, a "Tron sequel" that is actually basically "Tron-less"... R-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s-!

Neil
08-Jan-2024, 10:02 AM
I quite enjoyed the sequel...

JDP
08-Jan-2024, 10:37 AM

I thought it was terrible. Flynn is the only character from the original in it. Alan/Tron was basically a side-note (WTF??? the movie is called TRON, for fuck's sake!), and not even mention of the other main characters from the original. Absurd. A proper sequel would have involved Ed Dillinger finding out what happened to Flynn (i.e. getting disintegrated & reintegrated into the virtual world of the computer network and finally being able to deactivate the MCP) and then seeking to get back at him for having ousted him from ENCOM by using the same disintegrating & reintegrating technique, which forces Flynn to have to go after him before he can screw up things from the very inner workings of ENCOM, and both of them end up duking it out in the cyber-world.

MinionZombie
08-Jan-2024, 02:53 PM

Samesies.

It's impossible to pull off a super-direct sequel to a somewhat niche-ish sci-fi film that came out thirty years prior, there has to be new elements included to drive it so that it works as a stand alone, but one that'll also benefit from viewing the original.