PDA

View Full Version : The First Omen (film)

Neil
26-Apr-2024, 08:05 AM
lmN1Op8ygno

MinionZombie
26-Apr-2024, 12:01 PM
Meh.

I've heard there's a couple of steals from the original movie (one of which we're teased in this trailer) and you just think 'oh fuck of and come up with something of your own' rather than just copying.

I'm a fan of the original movie, but I've never been much bothered beyond that. I saw The Omen II, but didn't much fancy it, and still haven't got around to seeing the third movie.

Was there a remake a while back? If so, I never bothered with that shite. Can't see myself watching this, either.

beat_truck
26-Apr-2024, 09:38 PM
Was there a remake a while back? If so, I never bothered with that shite.

Yes (in ~2005), and you didn't miss anything. It's a nearly shot for shot copy of the original...... except the acting is wooden, and it feels dull, generic, and watered down. You know, like most remakes.

Neil
02-May-2024, 08:27 AM
So, a well made, but generally fairly mediocre watch. Bill Nighy seems out of place in it IMHO. Can't help that Charles Dance - who also pops up in the film - could have played the part better?

Polino1
09-May-2024, 02:07 PM
I found the movie to be pretty average, even Bill Nighy and Charles Dance couldn't fix the mid script and plot.