PDA

View Full Version : "Just because I can't see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it!"

bassman
01-Aug-2006, 01:08 PM
It appears that the use of 3D in film is on the rise. And boy am I now glad that it is.....

This Halloween, Walt Disney will be releasing "The Nightmare Before Christmas: 3D". That's right....Jack, Sally, Lock, Sandy Clause, and Oogie Boogie are all back and will all be right in your face.

My source (http://joblo.com/index.php?id=12308) as well as the poster.(sorry about the size....I tried finding a smaller one)
http://www.timburtoncollective.com/uploaded_images/nmbc3d-739639.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but back in 1993(and still to this day), this film blew my mind. It's in many ways a visual/lyrical/musical/and comical masterpiece among other things. I had never seen anything like it and even today, I still haven't(I haven't seen "Corpse Bride" but I heard it's nothing compared to "Nightmare...").

So what do you guys think? You ready to start singing along in 3-D? I know I will be.....

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?

Come with us and you will see
This, our town of Halloween

This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night

This is Halloween, everybody make a scene
Trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright
It's our town, everybody scream
In this town of Halloween

Danny
01-Aug-2006, 01:22 PM
....I am the one hidding under your bed
teeth round sharp and eyes glowing red
I am the one hiding under your stairs
fingers like snakes with spiders in my hair
This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween

In this town, we call home,
everyone hail to the pumpkin song
In this town, don't we love it now
everybody's waiting for the next suprise....

damn this was my favourite film when i was a kid, you know how some familys watch its a wonderful life, thats the one with the killing spree alternate ending right?,lol, well my family watches nightmare every christmas, heh wierd tradition huh?

by the time i was old enough to go see films on my own they didnt do 3d films with the old red and blue glasses any more so yeah i think ill go see this just for the experience, next we gotta bring back drive in movies dammit!

MinionZombie
01-Aug-2006, 02:24 PM
It is indeed a fantastic flick, so much better than The Corpse Bride, which is like the younger, uglier, less intelligent, smellier brother. :lol:

As for 3D, I think it's been met with some new technology now, which can actually make a good 3D experience. James Cameron is apparently pioneering a new system for one (or both) of his new movies that he's working on. Frankly, I'm looking forward to that, if Cameron can do for 3D what he did for CGI in film, then rock on.

It's a matter of making a film capable of being 3D, when you have the glasses on, but also look completely normal when you don't, and for it to work at home. Not like Friday 13th Part 3, which looks out-of-focus, the 3D doesn't work at all well and you have an endless succession of pokey things being pushed into the lense completely unashamedly. :rockbrow: