PDA

View Full Version : Question about online photo sharing

Philly_SWAT
02-Aug-2006, 01:03 AM
Quick question....I just got back from vacation, and want to post some pics online so others can see them. Does anyone know of a site that does this where it is not a hassle for others to see them? What I mean is, I could put some pics on snapfish.com, but in order for people to see them, they have to login and/or create and account by putting in their email address. Is there a site where I could just provide a web link and people can just click the link and see the pics without having to do anything?

Danny
02-Aug-2006, 01:10 AM
photobuckets pretty good, has a problem with gifs though...:rolleyes:

OddDNA
02-Aug-2006, 01:33 AM
use a Yahoo email addy or whatever.

AcesandEights
02-Aug-2006, 07:09 AM
Dude, how was the vacation?! I've yet to hit the mall; I'm pretty envious, actually. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed yourself! Can't wait for the pics :D

EDIT: Oops, just found your thread in Dead Discussion...

MikePizzoff
02-Aug-2006, 10:20 AM
http://www.photobucket.com is pretty good.

p2501
02-Aug-2006, 12:50 PM
there is something dodgy with Photobuckets TOS. but for the life of me i don't remember what it was. sorry.

i'd reccomend flickr. they're yahoo based, free, and very easy to set up.

here's my account.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/burket343/

Andy
02-Aug-2006, 10:05 PM
ive never understood why people use these services.. there's so many free webhosts out there and its so easy to make a simple HTML index page.. why not do it that way?

then you have total control over whats on your site, who see's your pictures, how their displayed.. everything..

MikePizzoff
03-Aug-2006, 03:31 PM
ive never understood why people use these services.. there's so many free webhosts out there and its so easy to make a simple HTML index page.. why not do it that way?

then you have total control over whats on your site, who see's your pictures, how their displayed.. everything..

I don't use PhotoBucket as a website for my pictures. I've gotten too lazy to make websites anymore. Just use it as a host so I can post them on message boards.

p2501
03-Aug-2006, 06:15 PM

simple i like flickr interface. and i have about as much desire to learn HTML, as i do to sprout tastebuds in my aszhole.

so i stick with the service. nesides i've met a ton of professional photographers on the site that are fun to chat with.

HLS
04-Aug-2006, 10:39 PM
I think wallmart.com has something like that you probably have to get the pics developed there tho:eek:

Geophyrd
08-Aug-2006, 12:18 PM
I've been using it for five years, have over 8,000 pictures on it and its never let me down or disappointed me.

Among its features:

Really good prints...Kodak's finest quality paper. I've gotten .95 megapixels prints blown up to poster size and (surprise) they still hold up on the site's prints, let alone the 8 megapixel camera I've been using in recent days.

Separate software for prepping and standardizing the pictures (OphotoNow). It does have some photo fixing features, but I use Picasa 2 (www.google.com) to really get the pictures in good shape. If you've changed the pictures (cropped, zoomed, etc) you'll need to reset them as jpgs.

Excellent products. I've ordered pictures on mugs and t-shirts and now for holidays, I usually order 10 calendars or so for various family members/friends, each customized to include the family member and relevent pictures. It takes a little time, but at $25 per person, its a gift that is used all year. I've also done calendars of my company's corporate picnic

The ability to take back pictures. You can always right-click and copy a picture off Kodak Gallery, which means I don't have to keep my pictures on the computer anymore. If I want them, I can go get 'em.

If you'd like to see a 'gallery', send me an email and I'll send you one.

Hope this helps

Danny
23-Dec-2007, 03:11 PM
since the changes id really say go for flikr instead of photobucket for anything other than hosting images for forums, as an album site it sucks the html is all screwed up, so ive been slowly switching to flickr lately.

for example
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dannyobscure/