View Full Version : Another remake.

Tied2thetracks
02-Aug-2006, 03:35 PM
Pet Sematary is one of my all time favorites, now they want to do it with George Clooney. I suppose it could be good, but damn, the first one is awsome and not that old.
I don't think you can improve on Fred Gwynes performance, the daughter was also strong in her role.

Mr. & Mrs. Creed didn't impress me much, they could use an actor upgrade.

If take more from the book and have a different twist on the original movie I guess I'm up for it. Any thoughts?

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15786

DjfunkmasterG
02-Aug-2006, 03:39 PM
IT's 20 years old. 20 Years is about the time for a remake.

Tied2thetracks
02-Aug-2006, 03:45 PM
20? no way that was made in 1989 wasn't it? It could rest a few more years.

general tbag
02-Aug-2006, 05:16 PM
it was made after t2 as it was edward furlongs 2nd movie.t2 was 1991 is not mistaken.

btw the movie differs from the book, hopefully they do a true version of the book, it make the better movie.

AcesandEights
02-Aug-2006, 08:18 PM
You're thinking of Pet Semetary 2, General Tbag ;)

Thinking of how long ago Pet Semetary was made (1989), I feel old.

Tied2thetracks
03-Aug-2006, 06:00 PM
it was made after t2 as it was edward furlongs 2nd movie.t2 was 1991 is not mistaken.

btw the movie differs from the book, hopefully they do a true version of the book, it make the better movie.

You are thinking orf teh sequal, furlongs not in the original.

MinionZombie
03-Aug-2006, 08:35 PM
"You don't wanna go dahn that rahd..."

Geez, that South Park character is friggin' excellent.

Pet Cemetery was a great flick, the old geezer rocks, there's some good scares and some good gore. Classic King and a good midnight movie ... er ... movie. I think I've seen Pet Cemetery 2 as well, but I certainly can't remember it.

This remake thing is getting way out of hand now, I mean really, it really, really is. Hopefully it'll all go down as a dark spot on Hollywood when it ends (hopefully the coming of new 3-D technology will sweep remakes off the street), just like "colorization", not only is it entirely spelt wrong, it's also sh*t.

Wooley
05-Aug-2006, 05:36 AM
Will they keep the original book/movie ending?

"Darling," it said.

Danny
05-Aug-2006, 05:47 AM
IT's 20 years old. 20 Years is about the time for a remake.

age does not mean a film needs a remake.

i think the origional was good and loved how trey parker and matt stone parodied the "ground whent sour" scene in the latest season of south park and i dont see why it needs to be remade, next they try to remake the storm of the century or worse yet, the shining *shudders*

just imagine, "THE SHINING COMING THIS FALL (its autumn in the real world:lol: ) STARRING KEANU REAVES, UMA THURMAN AND THAT CEEPY KID FROM THE 6TH SENSE!

and some hollywood "director" ,and i use the term loosely, would probably read that and go "hey thats not a bad idea".

remakes have just gotta stop, you know an industrys digging its own grave when it has to redo films rather than bring out new ones.
bring on rob zombies halloween and screw this remake ****!:mad:

Thinking of how long ago Pet Semetary was made (1989), I feel old.

damn striaght you should i was a year old if that at the time :lol:

general tbag
05-Aug-2006, 06:06 AM
yup it was pc2 furlong was in

but check this out

'George A. Romero was originally set to direct this film. But due to unforseen circumstances, he couldn't do it. When asked how he would have done Pet Sematary, he is quoted as saying "Better!"

coma
05-Aug-2006, 02:35 PM
next they try to remake the storm of the century or worse yet, the shining *shudders*

just imagine, "THE SHINING COMING THIS FALL (its autumn in the real world:lol: ) STARRING KEANU REAVES, UMA THURMAN AND THAT CEEPY KID FROM THE 6TH SENSE!

damn striaght you should i was a year old if that at the time :lol:

They did a version of the shining for TV a couple years ago and it was pretty good. Much more of a faithul adaptation and not a Kubrick Remake.

You were a year old when I was 20 in my 3rd year of college. THAT makes me feel old. But I still have my hair and thats whats important:)

Danny
05-Aug-2006, 03:07 PM
You were a year old when I was 20 in my 3rd year of college. THAT makes me feel old. But I still have my hair and thats whats important:)
as do i ,huzzah for my long hippie hair:lol:

coma
05-Aug-2006, 05:57 PM
I got long ass hair and I've had that haircut longer than you/ve been alive.
But it ain't hippie hair..
METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikePizzoff
07-Aug-2006, 05:36 PM
METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto!

Danny
07-Aug-2006, 08:00 PM
I got long ass hair and I've had that haircut longer than you/ve been alive.
METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as mutch as i like the whole slayer/guns and roses aand what have you, and have ben known to sport a red paisely round my head from time to time im far too wussy to be "METAL", i mean, i listen to him for christ sake !:lol:

coma
07-Aug-2006, 08:14 PM
as mutch as i like the whole slayer/guns and roses aand what have you, and have ben known to sport a red paisely round my head from time to time im far too wussy to be "METAL", i mean, i listen to him for christ sake !:lol:
Guns and Roses ain't metal, cuz.
Death to false metal!!!!

ack. Another early 80s flashback:evil:

bassman
07-Aug-2006, 08:55 PM
Guns and Roses ain't metal, cuz.
Death to false metal!!!!

ack. Another early 80s flashback:evil:

Yeah, Guns n Roses aren't "Metal". They actually had some melody in their music.

A boom chee!

:D

HLS
07-Aug-2006, 09:33 PM
20? no way that was made in 1989 wasn't it? It could rest a few more years.

Yep. 1989 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098084/

coma
07-Aug-2006, 09:38 PM
Yeah, Guns n Roses aren't "Metal". They actually had some melody in their music.

A boom chee!

I love a rimshot
Now hum "Iron Man"

Danny
07-Aug-2006, 10:25 PM
der-der, derderder!, der-der-der-der-der, der-der-der!:D

Dawg
08-Aug-2006, 11:17 AM
"You don't wanna go dahn that rahd..."

Geez, that South Park character is friggin' excellent.

Pet Cemetery was a great flick, the old geezer rocks, there's some good scares and some good gore. Classic King and a good midnight movie ... er ... movie. I think I've seen Pet Cemetery 2 as well, but I certainly can't remember it.

This remake thing is getting way out of hand now, I mean really, it really, really is. Hopefully it'll all go down as a dark spot on Hollywood when it ends (hopefully the coming of new 3-D technology will sweep remakes off the street), just like "colorization", not only is it entirely spelt wrong, it's also sh*t.

That old geezer was Fred Gwynne who played Herman Munster. Show some respect for the man! :D

PS2 was pretty much crap, but it did have Edward Furlong, Anthony Edwards and Clancy Brown. Who wouldn't have loved Brown's crazy-@$$ sheriff?!

:dead: Dawg

bassman
08-Aug-2006, 01:22 PM
That old geezer was Fred Gwynne who played Herman Munster. Show some respect for the man! :D

PS2 was pretty much crap, but it did have Edward Furlong, Anthony Edwards and Clancy Brown. Who wouldn't have loved Brown's crazy-@$$ sheriff?!

:dead: Dawg

Yeah, he's got a point. You've gotsta show respect to Herman. *Does that laugh and walk of his*

I love that show....

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2006, 10:47 AM
That's what I'm saying, Fred Gwynne was wicked cool in Pet Cemetery, and the South Park characterisation of him was funny-as-fook. Gwynne is the best thing about PC in my view...