PDA

View Full Version : Romero Movie Locations

Philly_SWAT
03-Aug-2006, 01:09 PM
it should probably be a section that has no COMMENTS, but be a info section administered only by Neil or a mod so the section doesn't get filled with excess crap...

what do you think?
I think if such a section existed, it should be administered by someone who has been to almost all of the locations....hmmm, who could that be..... :)

bassman
03-Aug-2006, 01:25 PM
I think if such a section existed, it should be administered by someone who has been to almost all of the locations....hmmm, who could that be..... :)

:lol:

"cough, cough. Wink wink. Sniff, sniff. Say no more"

axlish
03-Aug-2006, 02:35 PM
Did you mean me Philly? Surely you can't top my location visits, can ya?

thxleo
03-Aug-2006, 04:09 PM
Did you mean me Philly? Surely you can't top my location visits, can ya?

Sorry Eric, but I top all of you mofos. I just don't post my pics on here.

axlish
03-Aug-2006, 04:12 PM
Sorry Eric, but I top all of you mofos. I just don't post my pics on here.

Yes, you do, and you know that I know that :cool:

Philly is just a little myopic.

If anything, I had you tied with the Night 90 stuff, but I told you where that was, so you could recapture the glory at your leisure LOL

thxleo
03-Aug-2006, 04:13 PM
Philly is just a little myopic is all.

Stop using big words! :p

bassman
03-Aug-2006, 04:34 PM
I've got an idea......let's all argue over who has had the most boring vacation to PA!

Serisouly guys.....there are much better places to vacation. You know, somewhere with sun:p ...

jscott
03-Aug-2006, 04:37 PM
I've got an idea......let's all argue over who has had the most boring vacation to PA!

Every time I've been to PA, it's been lovely (and quite sunny too!).

bassman
03-Aug-2006, 04:39 PM
Every time I've been to PA, it's been lovely (and quite sunny too!).

I just can't imagine anyone saying, "Okay....I've got a few weeks of vacation from work for some R&R......so I want to go to PA!":p

I would take the beach or the snow covered mountains.....not "Dead" locations.

dmbfanintn
03-Aug-2006, 04:46 PM
I just can't imagine anyone saying, "Okay....I've got a few weeks of vacation from work for some R&R......so I want to go to PA!":p

Well , we see what kind of GAR fan you REALLY are, don't we?? ;) ;)

bassman
03-Aug-2006, 04:56 PM
Well , we see what kind of GAR fan you REALLY are, don't we?? ;) ;)

I like the films and if I were around those parts.....I would probably check it out.
All I'm saying is that when I go on vacation, I want to relax, watch the sunset over the horizon of the sea, and have a few cold ones.

axlish
03-Aug-2006, 05:22 PM
I like the films and if I were around those parts.....I would probably check it out.
All I'm saying is that when I go on vacation, I want to relax, watch the sunset over the horizon of the sea, and have a few cold ones.

Both times I went to the Burgh, I mixed it in with a convention. Brews and sunsets included :) Jscott hated the Iron City Beer, but I thought it was great!

bassman
03-Aug-2006, 05:40 PM
Both times I went to the Burgh, I mixed it in with a convention. Brews and sunsets included :) Jscott hated the Iron City Beer, but I thought it was great!

Sounds like the total package! I bet that was fun few days....

Philly_SWAT
03-Aug-2006, 10:31 PM
Philly is just a little myopic.
I wouldnt say I was myopic. Egotistical, but not myopic.

I have lived by the sea most of my life, and have seen the sunrise over the sea many times. When I went to Pitt, I definately relaxed, enjoyed the rich history and current entertainment options the city has to offer, watched Barry Bonds and the Giants play the Pirates (Pirates won) with the best fireworks display I have ever seen afterwards (and I have seen a lot of them), attended a free concert at the Point and saw Tricia Yearwood (another fireworks display afterwards), visited some dead locations, and had a few cold ones (Iron City) as I watched the sunset from the top of a mountain, looking down at what USA Weekend lists as the second most beautiful spot in the country. How can you beat that?

Here is a cut and paste from the USA Weekend list along with a link if you want to see the whole top ten.

2. Nighttime view from Mount Washington in Pittsburgh
In a nation with a wealth of stunning cities full of compelling stories, ranking Pittsburgh as the No. 2 beauty spot is perhaps our most surprising choice. But the Steel City's aesthetic appeal is undeniable, as is its very American capacity for renewal. Standing atop Mount Washington, the steep hill that rises giddily on the city's south side, sightseers enjoy the unforgettable panorama of the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers flowing together to create the mighty Ohio, that waterway so essential in the nation's settlement. The rivers cup downtown's lustrous Golden Triangle, where landmark skyscrapers thrust upward like rockets. At night, lights twinkle on no fewer than 15 bridges. Almost as breathtaking as the vista itself is the urban renewal that made it possible. A century ago, a pall of smoke lay so thick over town that streetlights burned all day. As Pittsburgh continues an evolutionary course that has taken it from trading post to transportation hub to industrial goliath, we salute its reinvention into one of America's most scenic and livable communities. In the life of a city, there's nothing more beautiful, or inspiring, than a renaissance. For more, go to pittsburgh.net.
http://www.usaweekend.com/03_issues/030518/030518springtravel.html

chukrok
03-Aug-2006, 11:40 PM
I go to PA for vacation every chance I get...That however, I because I'm from around Johnstown and I hate living where I live now (around Louisville,KY, but across the river in IN).

axlish
04-Aug-2006, 01:52 AM
I wouldnt say I was myopic. Egotistical, but not myopic.

Well I said just a little ;)

Guru ofthe Dead
04-Aug-2006, 04:01 AM
Funny I took a week off of work just to goto PA. I loved the weather when I was their. Also I liked the people personally. I thought that Pittsburgh was a great city to visit.

Mister Chrome
10-Aug-2006, 01:03 PM
http://tinyurl.com/q4lfr

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Monroeville,+PA&ie=UTF8&ll=40.429048,-79.793701&spn=0.010552,0.033302&t=k&om=0

dmbfanintn
10-Aug-2006, 01:22 PM
^^^^^ Who the heck is that guy? ^^^^^

Where you been Chrome Dome????? Long time no type!

Mister Chrome
11-Aug-2006, 06:12 PM
It is a really long story, but basically I changed careers, was unemployed for a few months, had a baby (not me literally, but my wife...), got a new job, sold my house and moved into a new place.

Oh, and my home PC died a while back.

That about sums it up.

http://www.tvhams.com/dnr/MC005.gif

dmbfanintn
12-Aug-2006, 05:05 PM
It is a really long story, but basically I changed careers, was unemployed for a few months, had a baby (not me literally, but my wife...), got a new job, sold my house and moved into a new place.

Oh, and my home PC died a while back.

That about sums it up.

http://www.tvhams.com/dnr/MC005.gif

Well its good to see you back!

smartlink
14-Aug-2006, 12:08 AM
I would like to know where is located the remake house form the 1990 Night of the living dead...

I am planing 2007 to be the pelgrimadge year...

:-P

Smartlink

Trancelikestate
09-Aug-2007, 01:49 AM
wow, its been almost a year since anyone posted in this one. anyway, since weve kinda been on this subject in other threads lately, i thought i'd revive this one. ah romero movie locations. thier fun to go to but sometimes i do feel a little when i'm actually at one. theres 2 locations that i definatly dont know where thier located, and after re-searching found nothing. these would be the building that gets raided in the begining (107?) and the police dock. those are i think the last 2 i would care about. i know all the day ones, and most of the night ones. and would anyone really care about a land toronto location? i mean it was mostly greenscreened anyway. so THXLEO, axilish, philly, anyone know where the police dock, and 107 is?

oh and the night 90 location... east buffalo PA is it? nowhere near pittsburgh.

dmbfanintn
09-Aug-2007, 12:31 PM
I remeber a website where some guy had gone to, and taken pictures of the police dock. It was linked on a thread here a long time ago, but i have no idea what it was or what thread it was in.

Someone had found it though, it was all grown up and surrounded with a fence I believe.

DEAD BEAT
09-Aug-2007, 03:48 PM
:lol:

"cough, cough. Wink wink. Sniff, sniff. Say no more"

Don't you mean reach down ,grab, cough cough!
:D

thxleo
09-Aug-2007, 06:16 PM
wow, its been almost a year since anyone posted in this one. anyway, since weve kinda been on this subject in other threads lately, i thought i'd revive this one. ah romero movie locations. thier fun to go to but sometimes i do feel a little when i'm actually at one. theres 2 locations that i definatly dont know where thier located, and after re-searching found nothing. these would be the building that gets raided in the begining (107?) and the police dock. those are i think the last 2 i would care about. i know all the day ones, and most of the night ones. and would anyone really care about a land toronto location? i mean it was mostly greenscreened anyway. so THXLEO, axilish, philly, anyone know where the police dock, and 107 is?

oh and the night 90 location... east buffalo PA is it? nowhere near pittsburgh.

Axlish found the Night '90 locations. I got to check them out, thanks to him.
As for the location for 107, that building is no longer around. Chris Stavrakis and I found the area, but there are new buildings in it's place. It's not in the greatest part of town either. The police docks are not hard to find at all. You can see where they were from I-376 when you drive in Pittsburgh. They are located by the M.Berger Industrial park. I took Monrozombi there and he took a bunch of pics that he put on his old site WGON Zombiewatch.
But the best location I've been able to check out was the former office building of Laurel(Romero's old company). The basement from the original NOTLD is located there, as well as the rooftop from the opening of Dawn of the Dead. I've been there several times, and Axlish went with me once. He probably has some shots on one of his sites I'm sure.

dmbfanintn
09-Aug-2007, 06:24 PM
The police docks are not hard to find at all. You can see where they were from I-376 when you drive in Pittsburgh. They are located by the M.Berger Industrial park. I took Monrozombi there and he took a bunch of pics that he put on his old site WGON Zombiewatch.
But the best location I've been able to check out was the former office building of Laurel(Romero's old company). The basement from the original NOTLD is located there, as well as the rooftop from the opening of Dawn of the Dead. I've been there several times, and Axlish went with me once. He probably has some shots on one of his sites I'm sure.

WGON Zombiewatch may be where I remember seeing the police dock photos.

Trancelikestate
09-Aug-2007, 06:26 PM
wow, thats cool. i think i heard a rumor that that old basement flooded not long after the filming for night. i figured 107 was prob a long shot. they never really show a good shot of it, and i knew the sweet 70's paint job would def not be there haha. but thnx thxleo for the info as always.

i checked out the zombiewatch site, but i didnt see barely any photo's most of the links are dead.

are the police dock buildings still there?

Yojimbo
09-Aug-2007, 08:21 PM

My wife and I did...but we are GAR heads and couldn't keep ourselves away from the Comicon, so maybe that makes us exempt.

Axlish found the Night '90 locations. I got to check them out, thanks to him.
As for the location for 107, that building is no longer around. Chris Stavrakis and I found the area, but there are new buildings in it's place. It's not in the greatest part of town either. The police docks are not hard to find at all. You can see where they were from I-376 when you drive in Pittsburgh. They are located by the M.Berger Industrial park. I took Monrozombi there and he took a bunch of pics that he put on his old site WGON Zombiewatch.

Sounds like you are really in the know about those locations!

Next time my wife and I come to Pittsburgh, we want to hook up and hang with you!

Trancelikestate
09-Aug-2007, 09:39 PM
oh, and the old laurel building, that the one on fort pitt?

Monrozombi
09-Aug-2007, 10:51 PM
wow, thats cool. i think i heard a rumor that that old basement flooded not long after the filming for night. i figured 107 was prob a long shot. they never really show a good shot of it, and i knew the sweet 70's paint job would def not be there haha. but thnx thxleo for the info as always.

i checked out the zombiewatch site, but i didnt see barely any photo's most of the links are dead.

are the police dock buildings still there?

my apologizes for the dead links (no pun intended). I have gotten halfway through updating the site and ran into some server trouble so some of my work got lost.

http://www.wgonzombiewatch.com/Docks.html

Trancelikestate
10-Aug-2007, 04:28 AM
n/p thnx for the link man :D i thought the buildings and everything were gone cuz i couldnt see em on google earth :p