PDA

View Full Version : Playing CDs on PS2

Tied2thetracks
03-Aug-2006, 07:29 PM
Does anyone else have problems when playing new CDs? I tried to play the new Soul Asylum and teh machine sounds like its trying to scratch it. I burnt a copy of the CD and it plays that just fine. Anyone know if they are making CDs different these days?

bassman
03-Aug-2006, 07:40 PM
I know nothing on this subject, but perhaps the PS2 is beginning to stop reading discs? That's kind of what my XBOX did.

Speaking of.....you might be able to help me with this. I'm considering getting a 360 for "Dead Rising" and a few random other games(Even after my XBOX caused me so much trouble). Does anyone know when they're planning on dropping the price a little?

Tied2thetracks
03-Aug-2006, 07:45 PM
no, it plays 10 year old all scratched to hell cds, I bunrt a copy of the cd that plays fine. I thought maybe some security upgrade or somthing like that might have changed the way cds are made.

bassman
03-Aug-2006, 07:50 PM
That may be the case since they have been making it harder to copy discs, these days. But didn't you say that you burned it to another disc and it worked fine?:rockbrow:

Strange....

general tbag
03-Aug-2006, 08:18 PM
hmm your cds should work fine, unless it has some digital rights crap .

price talk or increased bundle has been rumored, however if you in the market for a new premium 360 they can be had in the 350 range new with some online vendors.

bassman
03-Aug-2006, 08:25 PM
price talk or increased bundle has been rumored, however if you in the market for a new premium 360 they can be had in the 320-350 range new with some online vendors.

Really? That doesn't seem too bad. Can someone tell me when "Dead Rising" is being released? I know I could find it on the net....but I'm lazy.:p

general tbag
03-Aug-2006, 08:27 PM
North America
08/08 Dead Rising

bassman
03-Aug-2006, 08:34 PM
North America
08/08 Dead Rising

Next week? Awesome.

Looks like I may have to be getting a 360 on that day or shortly after.:D

general tbag
03-Aug-2006, 08:38 PM
even got the commericals going pretty hard core to . i thought the demo was out also....

btw it offical

'Canadian online retail Future Shop seem to have jumped the gun a few days on a special Xbox 360 bundle which is supposed to go on sale next week. For $499 CND (equals $440 USD) you get a premium system (20GigHD, wireless controller, headset and HD AV cable included), as well as Project Gotham Racing 3, XBOX Live 3-Month subscription and Xbox Live 1250 Points Card. This bundle package will go on sale August 9, 2006.'

DeadJonas190
04-Aug-2006, 06:01 AM
Does anyone else have problems when playing new CDs? I tried to play the new Soul Asylum and teh machine sounds like its trying to scratch it. I burnt a copy of the CD and it plays that just fine. Anyone know if they are making CDs different these days?

If it's an older PS2 it could be the beginning of a disk read error problem. If it's the smaller one I have no clue.

p2501
04-Aug-2006, 05:56 PM

i'm about 90% certain this is due to DRM encoding.