PDA

View Full Version : “Its shambles in Theodore” A night of the living dead remake

kengandalf
04-Aug-2006, 01:49 PM
Here is a remake of the first 8 min of night of the living dead with a twist ending. Watch it and let me know what if think of it and if I could have done anything better.

Here is the 8 min version on your tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azoD3_HMeUc

And here is the 13min version on myspace with bloopers and outtakes
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=582922694&n=2

AssassinFromHell
04-Aug-2006, 02:11 PM
I didn't know actors were "staring" in this remake...:D

It's not bad. But add a little twist here in there, some creative stuff. Word for word can be boring. I thought it was pretty good, don't get me wrong. But maybe some creative twists.

They could run like that shoddy remake of the sequel...:p

DjfunkmasterG
04-Aug-2006, 03:41 PM
I too felt the word for word was a little boring, but the ending was fricking hilarious. I am still sitting here laughing about it, so you did something right.

How in the world were you able to film inside a WAL-MART?

kengandalf
04-Aug-2006, 04:32 PM
i did this think about a year ago think i would have seen the spelling errors by now. wal-mart was just a bit of good old guerrilla filmmaking just walked in did one take and walked out.

zombiegirl
04-Aug-2006, 04:42 PM
Love the ending man, good job. :)

bassman
04-Aug-2006, 04:43 PM
wal-mart was just a bit of good old guerrilla filmmaking just walked in did one take and walked out.

I've heard of people getting arrested for that sort of thing. You've got some good luck, my friend.:D

MikePizzoff
04-Aug-2006, 05:19 PM
Good job overall. Great ending!

Danny
05-Aug-2006, 09:14 AM
better than the **** those assholes put in the "30th anniversary" edition of night.

*shudders*.....egh....i pray i never have to recall that ****ty acting ever again.:dead:

MinionZombie
05-Aug-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm like most folk here, I'm unsure about the remake of the opening sequence to Night (although you did a good job of getting quite close to the original), I'd have preferred if there was more fun had with it, put in a couple of jokes or update a couple of things a bit.

That said, the ending was funny, good job sir.

axlish
05-Aug-2006, 01:42 PM
I enjoyed it all around. Good Hinnzman double!

kengandalf
05-Aug-2006, 02:40 PM
To me and at least at the time, the very close copying of the original was a better setup for the end gag. I had a few other gags in mind but that was the best visually and to use any of the others I would felt like have prematurely taking the punch line from the big one. But beyond that I am glad you guys like it. It was filmed over 3 Sundays with just a few hours a pop since it was so hard to get all the actors there at the same time.

dmbfanintn
09-Aug-2006, 12:47 AM
Dude I absolutely loved it!

Was that actually filmed in the evans city cemetary?

Not only was the dialog almost spot on, but the camera work was VERY Romero-esque! I appreciate your ability to see what GAR put on film and redo it so closely.

I agree, the accurate recreation is a better set up for the punchline.

One minor critique however, she didn't shoot the zombie in the head, she got him in the chest.

Now we all know that truely isn't "the end"

When will we see pt 2?

kengandalf
09-Aug-2006, 01:39 PM
It kills me that I messed up a detail like that. Every time I watch it I scream “shoot him in the head”. The last day of filming had a lot of trouble and we had to rush a few of the scenes and that was the one that suffered. I have done another zombie comedy since then but it’s an original story and it had a lot of production problems soon as I can get the rest of the footage and can edit it. I will put it up hopefully it will end up being ok. I am really glad you guys like it. I really enjoyed making it. I am planning on going to film school next year and I hope bigger and better films of mine are on the way.

chukrok
10-Aug-2006, 01:50 AM
Pretty cool nonetheless. I dug it.

Adrenochrome
10-Aug-2006, 02:36 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LOVED it!!!! you get a rep!!!

meddle not into the affairs of kengandalf, for he is subtle and quick to make one laugh.

NOTLDC5
13-Aug-2006, 04:02 AM
Enjoyed it. Fun to watch.

You realize now that your Dawn of the Dead spoof will have to be set in a Walmart..

:lol:

kengandalf
14-Aug-2006, 12:00 PM
Nice... I might just have to think on that one for a bit. mmmmm zombies in walmart well it would give a good use for the lawn mowers in the garden section