PDA

View Full Version : wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

general tbag
04-Aug-2006, 03:10 PM
dam the wii is lookin to be the must have for the next gen. with ubi soft announcement, and alot of other companies rampin up production on the wii, with the virtual console, , looks like nintendo gonna make some ground this next gen. hoprfully the full spec list/ release date is announced. i have a feelin it gonna be one of those last minute announcements, b4 they hit the store.

p2501
04-Aug-2006, 04:54 PM
ubi soft? huh? link dammit link!

general tbag
04-Aug-2006, 05:52 PM
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=18764

yea ubisoft is givin alot of love for the wii at launch, no less than 7 games by the sounds of it, also next prince of persia is wii bound.

p2501
04-Aug-2006, 05:53 PM
sweet, now if we can get a damn release date and some preorder SKU's i'll be happy.

bassman
04-Aug-2006, 05:54 PM
I've heard alot about the 360 and PS3, but nothing about thw Wii.

I figured Nintendo was basically dead at this point....

general tbag
04-Aug-2006, 05:56 PM
with nintendos back catalog of games, it gonna be pretty interesting. right now microsoft is relying on third party support for the 360 market place. the ps3 is just all up in the air.

p2501
04-Aug-2006, 06:07 PM
i'm sticking with my initial analysis. the wii is going to kill everything this christmas. the xbox will do very well, both interms of console sales and new users on XBL.

Sony on the otherhand. i've been seeing vultures circling their US headquarters alot lately.

general tbag
04-Aug-2006, 06:11 PM
ahaha yea alot of sony fanboys r jumping ship, that 599 price tag is a major turn off.

p2501
04-Aug-2006, 06:23 PM
between the price, the issues with the cell processors. and game houses complaining about un realistic released dates. the ps3 is going to be a debacle.

CoinReturn
04-Aug-2006, 11:12 PM
I agree about the Wii. There is a certain charm about Nintendo devolped games. Zelda and Mario, there are no other franchises like them. One is an epic fantasy tale that never fails to impress, the other is the best platformer ever, with nearly perfect controls and challenge though its series. I'll be lined up outside day 1 to get Wii.

DeadJonas190
05-Aug-2006, 06:39 AM

They would have been long dead by now if their handhelds weren't such good sellers. The lack of 3rd party support on the past 2 systems would definatly have killed them, but having handheld hardware that is highly profitable and the world-wide best selling handheld units they have stayed alive.

The Ubi Soft announcement made me more excited about the Wii. Luckily I am first on the call list for Wii preorders at my work. With a price tag of no more than $250 I am pretty sure it will outsell Sony if Nintendo can produce enough units.

general tbag
05-Aug-2006, 08:28 AM
They would have been long dead by now if their handhelds weren't such good sellers. The lack of 3rd party support on the past 2 systems would definatly have killed them, but having handheld hardware that is highly profitable and the world-wide best selling handheld units they have stayed alive.

ummm that 5-6 billion they had prior also helped to.

Danny
05-Aug-2006, 08:38 AM

....i smell a ps2 fanboy:shifty:

me ive got a 360 ,and i dont want a ps3 cus theres no decent games for it that id want to buy a whole console package for, but i want a wii cus it looks like a hell of a lot of fun, id love to see an evil dead game for the wii thatd be one notch of fun.:lol:

bassman
05-Aug-2006, 06:00 PM
....i smell a ps2 fanboy:shifty:

Get your sniffer fixed. I've never owned nor played a PS2. I quit playing video games after my XBOX quit reading discs.

I've never liked playstations, actually. The look of the games are too....how can I put this....choppy. There's squares within everything and to me, it doesn't look as good as, say the XBOX.

I just figured Nintendo was on the downfall because they're the ones that tried sticking with cartridges as long as possible. But I've never really played the Game Cube, so I was really speaking from the past.

DeadJonas190
08-Aug-2006, 04:46 AM
ummm that 5-6 billion they had prior also helped to.

Sure it helped, there is no denying that. Nintendo is one of the only game companies that makes a profit on their hardware units, so that is also a huge help to keeping them going without the third party support that is desperatly needed in the videogaming world. The XBOX never was profitable for Microsoft as they made their money on accessories and games and the 360 will not be profitable for them until 2008. I am not exactly sure on when the PS2 became profitable for Sony, but I know that when it came out at $299.99 they were losing $18 or more a system and were charging $35 for memory cards and controlers to make up for the loss.

The only system out of these next gen systems I am not going to own any time soon is the PS3. I refuse to pay that much money for a gaming system just because Sony wants to push the Blu-Ray format years before most people will own a TV able to use it to it's full potential. That plus the many problems I have had in the past with Sony gaming products and their customer service, I really don't plan on spending more money on Sony products at those exorbitant prices.

general tbag
08-Aug-2006, 05:19 AM
Overall though Xbox division has lost $4 billion from 2001 to 2005.Microsoft predicted that it would not make a profit on the Xbox for at least three years. This prediction turned out to be correct; Microsoft Game Studios, Microsoft's game division in charge of Xbox development, had its first profitable quarter reported in December 2004, thanks largely to the success of Halo 2. Investor relations documents says that in the end of 2005 Microsoft lost more than 1 billion dollars . The Xbox project never gave an annual profit to Microsoft according to these documents. In return for the money lost, though, the Xbox gained name recognition and a dedicated fan base.

xbox has never made 1 cent profit, from a financial point of view it was a flop, by a long shot . i cant even remember any other electronix device take such a loss and continue to operate. i strongly believe if the 360 doesnt product a profit, the 360 will probaly be microsofts last gaming system, and fold into a gaming division for nintendo or sony. it not all negative though, they did after all pull off the first successful online gaming service, which is quite the feat. also microsoft would walk away with alot of studios they purchased, even rivaling ea and nintendo.

and i cant even believe they are considering a handheld. the psp isnt exactly flying off shelves , and if things dont improve it will join the graveyard of the gameboys/ds challengers.

nintendo on the other hand has never once sold a console at a loss or a sizeable profit.

MikePizzoff
08-Aug-2006, 06:24 AM
xbox has never made 1 cent profit, from a financial point of view it was a flop, by a long shot .

I refuse to believe this. Especially since the other day I watched an episode of Icons based on the XBOX in which everyone interviewed was happy with what a success it was. They never mentioned it not making any profit and I'm sure if that were the case, they would not have said it was a huge success.

general tbag
08-Aug-2006, 07:20 AM
:lol: icons

the episode you refer to 'ORIGINALLY AIRED: 4/10/2003' , figure a month or 2 in production and you have a show almost 3 and half years old, or one and half years into the systems life.

btw icons is very bias , almost being compared to infomericals in some cases.

DeadJonas190
08-Aug-2006, 04:56 PM
I refuse to believe this. Especially since the other day I watched an episode of Icons based on the XBOX in which everyone interviewed was happy with what a success it was. They never mentioned it not making any profit and I'm sure if that were the case, they would not have said it was a huge success.

They made profit from the games and accessories, not the console. With Halo 2 being the top selling game for 2004 and 2005, you know that they made a huge profit on that game, plus they have a lot of great selling games. Look up the Xbox profits on google, yahoo, or whichever search engine you prefer and you can probably find out that they didn't make a profit on it.

KingStoph
13-Aug-2006, 10:21 PM
im most excited about Red Steel myself :D but i plan to save up and buy Everyone Launch title i can :lol:

But after that i may save for a 360 for Dead Rising and Halo 3 :p

Danny
14-Aug-2006, 10:15 AM
actually ive got news!

ive spoken with some freinds who work for game, but in the company not the stores at teh counter, and ive been told that the wii will launch in two colours and the only package is it comes with "wii sports" and nothing else for around 200.:bored:

you trust a tv show to tell you what to believe then:shifty:

free your mind man!

like someone else said, the xbox and even the 360 apparently hasnt sold enough especially in there target market in asia to make good on how mutch it cost to make the consoles, meanwhile the developers like bethesda and bungie are rakeing it in with the copies of the elder scrolls and halo series sales.

general tbag
14-Aug-2006, 05:49 PM
im most excited about Red Steel myself :D but i plan to save up and buy Everyone Launch title i can :lol:

27 titles at launch, one of the strongest for nintendo, and for any system.

like someone else said, the xbox and even the 360 apparently hasnt sold enough especially in there target market in asia to make good on how mutch it cost to make the consoles, meanwhile the developers like bethesda and bungie are rakeing it in with the copies of the elder scrolls and halo series sales.

i always wonder what microsoft limit is on losing cash. microsoft is here to stay in the videogame market, it just a question if they stay in the hardware business or go the way of sega and just become software only.

DeadJonas190
15-Aug-2006, 04:58 AM
i always wonder what microsoft limit is on losing cash. microsoft is here to stay in the videogame market, it just a question if they stay in the hardware business or go the way of sega and just become software only.

They make up a lot of lost money on accessories and games. You don't think that a wireless controler actually has $50 worth of technology in it do you? I would be willing to bet that those controlers cost Microsoft no more than $10 each to make. I honestly think they will be in it for the long run, their hardware is hugely successful except in Japan (because they don't make games the majority of Japanese gamers like). The way they integrate the 360 into Windows Media Center is awesome also. I really believe that the 360 could put Microsoft in the #1 position with Nintendo in a close second, especially since Microsoft has announced that they are releasing the software to make your own 360 games that can be distributed through their marketplace, that is unheard of and it will be a huge success for up and coming developers.

general tbag
15-Aug-2006, 05:53 AM
They make up a lot of lost money on accessories and games. You don't think that a wireless controler actually has $50 worth of technology in it do you? I would be willing to bet that those controlers cost Microsoft no more than $10 each to make. I honestly think they will be in it for the long run, their hardware is hugely successful except in Japan (because they don't make games the majority of Japanese gamers like). The way they integrate the 360 into Windows Media Center is awesome also. I really believe that the 360 could put Microsoft in the #1 position with Nintendo in a close second, especially since Microsoft has announced that they are releasing the software to make your own 360 games that can be distributed through their marketplace, that is unheard of and it will be a huge success for up and coming developers.

it all about money, videogames is about money . something microsoft isnt making off any of there systems. sure they have alot of cash but at what billion dollar losing point do they pull the plug on it. accountants would say differently about xbox/360 being a success.

sure they make money on controllers and such,every company does but when your selling your system at a loss, it really doesnt matter much in the big picture.

KingStoph
20-Aug-2006, 05:25 PM
27 titles at launch, one of the strongest for nintendo, and for any system.

HHmmm...

*Does mental maths*

Ok... Maybe not ALL the titles... But Half of them!!

general tbag
20-Aug-2006, 10:44 PM
HHmmm...

*Does mental maths*

Ok... Maybe not ALL the titles... But Half of them!!

and more if you count the virtual console games launched .

KingStoph
22-Aug-2006, 12:31 AM
and more if you count the virtual console games launched .
ok i can think of... 2 games that i would get on that :lol: i own all the good ones, but who knows, but first ill get the GAME Games as in Store games!

MikePizzoff
22-Aug-2006, 04:30 AM
I briefly heard something about the Wii being capable to download any NES, SNES, and Genesis title for free. Is this true at all?

p2501
22-Aug-2006, 01:20 PM
according to the nintendo press releases, and statements at E3. the Wii will be backwards compatable universally for every system nintendo has made (sans the virtual boy i think). further at E3 they stated the Wii will also have access to the compele libraries from Sega and the Turbographix 16.

the only thing i haven't seen directly mentioned is if the library from Dreamcast will be available. though i'm certain it will be.