PDA

View Full Version : Princess Mononoke - What a strange, but wonderful film...

Neil
08-Aug-2006, 12:43 PM
Watched this manga film over the weekend... What a great film!

p2501
08-Aug-2006, 02:00 PM
Track down Miyizaki's other films.

"Spirited Away" is easily just as good. i still haven't caught "Howls' moving castle" yet though.

Exatreides
08-Aug-2006, 02:31 PM
one of the few anime films i can tolerate and even enjoy a little.

erisi236
08-Aug-2006, 03:19 PM
I got to see that flick in a theater in Boston. :D

The line to get in was litterally around the block...and then some. :eek:

Neil
08-Aug-2006, 03:30 PM
Track down Miyizaki's other films.

"Spirited Away" is easily just as good. i still haven't caught "Howls' moving castle" yet though.

Those two are on my list!

p2501
08-Aug-2006, 05:20 PM
Spirited away, is just nonstop animated beauty.

when the "nugget" gets old, grab him a copy of "My Neighbor Totoro". it's very early miyizaki, but an epic kids film.

erisi236
08-Aug-2006, 05:54 PM
Don't forget "Kikis Delivery Service", "Castle in the Sky" and "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind". 3 other Miazaki movies that are awesome and wonderful :)

p2501
08-Aug-2006, 06:19 PM
Don't forget "Kikis Delivery Service", "Castle in the Sky" and "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind". 3 other Miazaki movies that are awesome and wonderful :)

fair enough. but i think they are in some ways dimished by how amazing miyizaki's more current films are. otheriwse i would have reccomended them directly.

Neil
08-Aug-2006, 07:16 PM
Just ordered "Spirited Away"... Delivered for less than £4.50 for the 2 disk version :)

Kaos
08-Aug-2006, 08:20 PM
Just ordered "Spirited Away"... Delivered for less than £4.50 for the 2 disk version :)

It is one of my daughter's favorites.

dynamitejim
09-Aug-2006, 01:54 AM
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is definitely my favorite. Howl's Moving Castle is the most beautiful from an animation perspective. I've seen most of Miyazaki/Ghibli's movies now through Netflix and haven't been disappointed yet.

Danny
09-Aug-2006, 03:16 AM
damn someones been watching film four now its free, these have been on all week.:D

DeadJonas190
09-Aug-2006, 05:53 AM
I am a huge Miyazaki fan with Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind being my favorite movie of his. I also enjoy most Studio Ghibli movies, though Miyazaki is definatly their best director. Princess Mononoke was the film that got me back into anime. If you are interested in more Ghibli films you can get some cool box sets, but the best one is sold on www.anotherheaven.biz and it is only $42.99 with some of the best Ghibli films on it(http://www.anotherheaven.biz/inc/sdetail/26608) and they do deliver internationally. Also, their disks are all real, factory pressed dvds. A lot of people think they have bootlegs, but here in Detroit at the Comicon this past spring, there was a huge bust by the MPAA on bootleggers and the Another Heaven booth was one of 3 left because they are 100% legit. Plus, I have bought quite a lot from them over the past few years so I can say from personal experiance that they have great customer service and are cool people.

One of the best Studio Ghibli films is Grave of the Fireflies. Watch it if you can get it.