PDA

View Full Version : And yet ANOTHER remake.

Purge
08-Aug-2006, 03:19 PM
Not sure if anyone posted about it, but it's The Wicker Man this time. I saw the trailer for it when I went to see The Descent (which wasn't very good, by the way). Nicolas Cage will play the lead. :confused: :mad:

bassman
08-Aug-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah....remakes are out of control these days. In the past, they were actually done successfully....but not anymore. I mean.... "The Fly" is a great example. The best example would probably be "Ben Hur".

I'm waiting to hear about a "Citizen Kane", "Ghostbusters", or "Fight Club" remake so I can set out on a Jay and Bob style mission to kill the bastards in Hollywood....

Chakobsa
08-Aug-2006, 08:59 PM
Not sure if anyone posted about it, but it's The Wicker Man this time. I saw the trailer for it when I went to see The Descent (which wasn't very good, by the way). Nicolas Cage will play the lead. :confused: :mad:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the fools were going to give the thing a happy ending this time round. WTF is wrong with these clowns?:mad:
Somebody please, say it ain't so.

Danny
09-Aug-2006, 03:25 AM
nicolas cage?, NICOLAS CAGE!?!?!?!

**** THAT!

then im gonna have to go silent bob on there asses!

the origional needs no remake, the grainy look of the 73 film is what adds to it , like when you watch an asain film the lok is different and sos the feel, plus its got chritopher ****ing lee as lord summerisle, who are they gonna have to be better than him?

no one thats who.

i think the directors not thought about all the hate mail hes gonna get for this, this film in britain is held in as high regard as the star wars trilogy is in the states, theres been fan sites, magazines and sutch **** going for decades now so this film, which will never be as good as the origional.
is going to probably end up with hippies and **** outside the uk premier booing the director and its gonna be as big a flop as the omen a fe wmonths back and its gonna be a blemish on the credentials of anyone who works on the film.

but then didnt nicolas cage star in alone in the dark?, guess you cant get mutch worse than that.:barf:

MaximusIncredulous
09-Aug-2006, 03:33 AM
I'm waiting to hear about a "Citizen Kane", "Ghostbusters", or "Fight Club" remake so I can set out on a Jay and Bob style mission to kill the bastards in Hollywood....

When they churn out the remake for Gigli, I'll join you.

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2006, 12:14 PM
This remake fad will hopefully die off when the new 3D technology gets put in place. Guaranteed every movie we've already got will be re-released as 3D. Now, I'd much prefer that to all these damn remakes. I think 3D will inspire a bit more creativity in the vast cesspool known as Hollywood.

I've seen bits on TWM remake in Total Film, and yep, it looks like complete and utter 100% penis.

I remember one of my housemates bought the original on DVD and we all sat down to watch it one night in the dark, man alive did we just larf. It wasn't really my cup of tea, but for weeks and weeks afterwards we'd just be running around screaming "OH GAAWD! OH GEEZUS CHRYYYST!" lol...it was a weird movie to watch. We just had no idea what was going on, but the weed might have caused that effect...

Danny
09-Aug-2006, 03:53 PM
I remember one of my housemates bought the original on DVD and we all sat down to watch it one night in the dark, man alive did we just larf. It wasn't really my cup of tea, but for weeks and weeks afterwards we'd just be running around screaming "OH GAAWD! OH GEEZUS CHRYYYST!" lol...it was a weird movie to watch. We just had no idea what was going on, but the weed might have caused that effect...

that pretty mutch the wickerman summed up right there, and its so wierd and cool thats why i like it, i guarantee no people raised on hollywood cinema will feel fulfilled by the ending...

"OH GOD, OH JESUS CHRIST!!", that lines gonna stick with you forever after you see that.:)