PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice

p2501
08-Aug-2006, 05:22 PM
anyone else see this?

I caught it last night, and yet again Michael Mann nailed another one out of the park. if you even remotely liked Collateral, you'll enjoy this one.

bassman
08-Aug-2006, 06:42 PM
F*ck "Collateral". I think that's his worst flick. You should've said "Heat" or "Last of the Mohicans". Or maybe even "The Insider":p

BS aside....I'm hoping to go see "Vice" in theater but I'm thinking I'll probably wait for DVD.

Cody
08-Aug-2006, 07:03 PM
my friend told me not to see it because every scene was zoom in of a dramatical face, few action scenes and one big love story

SOOO im not gonna see it

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing this flick. I wasn't too keen on Collateral though to be honest, it was good, but I just didn't get on with it too well.

Now HEAT on the other hand, that film is just absolutely astonishingly amazing. I love that flick, it's so well executed and has some superb acting (DeNiro AND Pacino in the diner - come on people! :cool:).

I'm definately up for Miami Vice though...

p2501
09-Aug-2006, 02:42 PM
i dug the crap out of it. there are some paralels between it an Heat.

I'm kinda supprised with all the Collateral dis-like. i ****ing love that movie.

AssassinFromHell
09-Aug-2006, 03:09 PM
I hated the movie. Colin Farrell trying to be Don Johnson. THAT'S A RIOT! Another casting flub. Much less, it wasn't much more than another summer MTV flick ripping off a decent T.V. show from back in Donnie's pre-Nash days.

Scott
09-Aug-2006, 06:55 PM
I liked Heat ALOT, I LOVED Collateral (one of my favorite films), and liked ALI, but I gotta say I was dissapointed by Miami Vice. The style of the film was AWESOME, but my biggest gripe was the lack of characterization. You really don't get to know them at all. They spent too much time on the love story, and not enough getting to know them. Also the lack of screen time for Colin/Jamie was really wierd. For partners they sure stayed the hell away from each other.

I still enjoyed the film, and will get it on DVD, but I was very dissapointed.