PDA

View Full Version : Army Amusement Park

MaximusIncredulous
08-Aug-2006, 10:27 PM
http://www.wftv.com/irresistible/9646337/detail.html

I have to admit, flying a Cobra gunship (if it isn't some dorky VR thing) would be kinda cool but with all the sheet going down in Iraq, it's pretty sad (or sick, whichever way you look at it) that the Army can set aside taxpayer funds for something kooky like this and not put it behind something practical like protective gear for troops and vehicles, etc.

general tbag
08-Aug-2006, 11:12 PM
i am willing bet at the exit they also have a recruitment center. the army has tried alot of things to try to increase enrollment. the army was even thinking of givin americas army for free like the pc for the ps2/xbox.

FoodFight
08-Aug-2006, 11:25 PM
The worst part of the park is.......it takes 4 years before you can get out!

coma
08-Aug-2006, 11:40 PM
Everytime you think the game is over it starts again

Exatreides
09-Aug-2006, 12:09 AM
The worst part of the park is.......it takes 4 years before you can get out!

8 for me.

FoodFight
09-Aug-2006, 03:28 PM
Good on ya! Glad to see you chose a field with civilian applications as well. My obligation was 4 active, 2 reserves, but that was before the turn of the century.

Zombie-A-GoGo
10-Aug-2006, 11:54 PM
i am willing bet at the exit they also have a recruitment center.

Exactly. I think turning our military image into a f*cking theme amusement park is disgusting. What better way to teach kids that fighting in wars is fun! It's not fun, it shouldn't be construed as fun, ever. It hard, it's dangerous, you have to kill people, and you can get killed. I understand trying to get enrollment up, but these things make me sick. The same way toys and video games with "desert" themes (aka, Iraq) at this time make me sick. It's not a game, it's serious $hit.

Cody
11-Aug-2006, 12:37 AM
i am willing bet at the exit they also have a recruitment center. the army has tried alot of things to try to increase enrollment. the army was even thinking of givin americas army for free like the pc for the ps2/xbox.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon:

Wooley
11-Aug-2006, 07:50 AM
I read something else about this, maybe Yahoo news. The Army rejected the 'amusement park' idea out of hand for the reasons mentioned-it'd trivialize what they do.

bassman
11-Aug-2006, 12:06 PM
I read something else about this, maybe Yahoo news. The Army rejected the 'amusement park' idea out of hand for the reasons mentioned-it'd trivialize what they do.

It's not much different from all these video games that are based on actual wars....