PDA

View Full Version : Hey, everyone. Long time no type...

gottgen
08-Aug-2006, 11:00 PM
Couple of changes in the past while...largest of which is that I've moved to New York F'in City. I've only been up here a few days, and most time has been spent looking for jobs and trying not to look like a tourist. :D

Anyone who remembers me, drop me a line. P, Kaos, Grim...glad to see you guys are still around.

general tbag
08-Aug-2006, 11:05 PM
how nyc, must quite the shock eh .

kindas funny your rising from the dead chat style.

Arcades057
08-Aug-2006, 11:17 PM
Grim is still here, only he's using a different name. Same trolling, same attitude, just a different name. :rolleyes:

7feet
08-Aug-2006, 11:21 PM
Welcome to Brooklyn!

To avoid that "looking like a tourist" thing, just remember to not look up at the big ol' buildings, you'll get tagged every time. Or at least just use your eyes, not tilting your head. Serious, pretty much.

Saying "f*ck" a lot helps too.

coma
08-Aug-2006, 11:46 PM
If some jerkoff rolls up on you and starts asking where your from say "here" and keep on rollin. Thats happens alot in Midtown. Its a precursor to a con or a vic (robbery). Though it doen't happen like it used to now that it's disneyfied.

In bad neighborhoods I keep walkman headphones on with the power off because when dealers or criminals or general street trash make stupid/threatening remarks or offers to sell you dope and you ignore them they get mad (stupid, I know) . so if you have on headphones you can ignore them without "disrespectin".

Oh, and ignore the Bronx. IT SUCKSSSSS

general tbag
09-Aug-2006, 12:10 AM
that hard to believe as i read somewhere nyc was rated as one of the more safer metro places. if anywhere bad it detroit. dam warzone in the downtown.

coma
09-Aug-2006, 01:01 AM
that hard to believe as i read somewhere nyc was rated as one of the more safer metro places. if anywhere bad it detroit. dam warzone in the downtown.

Believe it cause I live here. There is a huge rich area known as Manhattan that was crime ridden unti 10 years ago when they kicked eveyone out that couldnt afford at least 2500$ a month for rent. It aint as dangerous as it was, but some areas are pretty bad, such as Fordham in the BX whic is one of the areas that hasn't changed at all. There isnt a murder every 10 seconds anymore, but ther is still plenty o' crime. I think because of the newer huge richy rich areas, it totally skews the averarges

I dont know where gottgen is from, but if you look like a tourist or recent transplant you are a target. Most victims I know where ehen they first moved here.
He says he moved to Brklyn. Could be Bushwick or East NEw York. You may not realize how bad an area is until you catch a stompin'. Best to avoid that, y'know.

Cody
09-Aug-2006, 01:03 AM
now you get can your marijuana on every street corner

general tbag
09-Aug-2006, 01:45 AM
i used to live in the worst nieghborood in winnipeg and was even deemd the worst in canada, by having the highest suicide, drug and alcohol abuse, highest single moms rate, income, etc.... i loved it. sure there was crack houses and people went missing, and it had a buffet of gangs.

i guess violent crimes and stats differ.

Kaos
09-Aug-2006, 02:18 AM
Couple of changes in the past while...largest of which is that I've moved to New York F'in City. I've only been up here a few days, and most time has been spent looking for jobs and trying not to look like a tourist. :D

Anyone who remembers me, drop me a line. P, Kaos, Grim...glad to see you guys are still around.

Welcome back, man. I was wondering where you ran off to. Check your PM for some vital info.

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2006, 12:17 PM
I was quite astonished to find that London was now more unsafe than New York, by quite a bit too in fact...and Americans have GUNS for cryin' out loud. That's how bad fahkin' Lahndahn is these days.

I'd like to go to NYC one of these days, I'll have to keep the tips in mind - headphones and don't move my neck. :D

gottgen
09-Aug-2006, 06:05 PM
Hah! Yeah, the **** thing just kinda comes natural, anyway. DOUBLEY so after I got here.

I moved in right near the Halsey St stop, in Brooklyn. The neighborhood's kind of a cholo ghetto, but the building's great and all the other tenants are awesome. Really lucked out with the neighbors...freaks, computer geeks, musicians, an architect...these are just the ones I've met so far. They've been giving me the heads up on city survival for the most part, and helping me learn the area.

I'm being pretty cautious, and keeping an eye out. Also, I know size isn't everything, and there's always someone bigger, but I'm not the FIRST person you'd pick out as a victim, by a damn sight.

So far I'm lovin' it. Thanks for the tips, guys. Maybe we'll meet up sometime.