PDA

View Full Version : akira or heavy metal

general tbag
12-Aug-2006, 06:54 AM
which movie do you think was better.

both blew me away. saw heavy metal at a midnight showing , and saw akira by accident. btw heavy metal 2000 f.a.k,k 2 doesnt count. that was turdtacular.

i found the animation in akira far superior, but of course was produced years later. for the time, heavy metal animation was pretty advanced.

Exatreides
12-Aug-2006, 08:23 AM
heavy metal.

MikePizzoff
12-Aug-2006, 02:45 PM
Akira rules, but...

Heavy Metal by far. Not only is it called Heavy Metal but it's also got the most kick-ass zombie sequence in any movie EVER!

Danny
12-Aug-2006, 03:39 PM
im gonna say akira, becuase considering the only other anime film i saw around that time was transformers the moive the porduction values of akira blew my mind away at the time i saw it nigh on over ten years ago.

mista_mo
14-Aug-2006, 04:43 PM
I didn't much care for Akira...it was kinda just meh..I mean, it looked Amazing, but Heavy metal was far superior...especially the zombie scene...

EvilNed
14-Aug-2006, 06:03 PM
The zombie scene in Heavy Metal is absolutly spectacular. But there are some parts of Heavy Metal that aren't that great.

I haven't seen the film in awhile, tho. So I won't say anything. I'm a big Akira fan, tho.

Trancelikestate
14-Aug-2006, 06:06 PM
I'd prob have to say heavy metal also. i liked akira plenty. anyone ever see ninja scroll? that one really rocks!! i like how Devo has a cameo in heavy metal though, it always makes me laugh.:lol:

MikePizzoff
14-Aug-2006, 07:34 PM
I'd prob have to say heavy metal also. i liked akira plenty. anyone ever see ninja scroll? that one really rocks!! i like how Devo has a cameo in heavy metal though, it always makes me laugh.:lol:

What part is Devo in? I don't remember that at all.

Trancelikestate
14-Aug-2006, 07:47 PM
Thier in the part where the terakian walks into the bar where she kills the 3 dudes, and theres a band playing. It's actually devo playing if you listen close, and the way they look and thier insturments, it all fits soooo perfect! watch next time, they stop playing i think when she pulls out the sword though. :)

DeadJonas190
15-Aug-2006, 04:49 AM
I like them both, but prefer Akira. No real reason for it, I just like Akira better. I want to get Heavy Metal, but I can't find it anywhere for purchase.

Eyebiter
15-Aug-2006, 10:32 AM
Too late. Molecular instabilities all around the spacecraft.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:OCo4Dg7kuGG1oM:http://encyclopedia.quickseek.com/images/Heavymetal3.jpg