PDA

View Full Version : Anyone scene "A Scanner Darkly" yet?

Neil
12-Aug-2006, 06:43 PM
Looks interesting!?

MinionZombie
12-Aug-2006, 10:22 PM
I definately want to check it out, know when it's coming to the UK? I'm having a hard enough time finding when Clerks 2 comes to the UK (even though I've seen it twice so far, third time this week with a mate, lol).

Anyway, ASD looks like my sort of movie, this year's Sin City ... in a way. What I've heard thus far has been good, so hopefully it'll pan out. Iranu Reeves (anyone get that joke?) is proving his acting chop as well, having shook off that "woah" thing by now, I guess he'll still be "The One" for another five years ... when he'll probably have another franchise under his rich, yet tragic belt.

Kaos
14-Aug-2006, 04:02 PM
Looks interesting!?

I saw it, and I loved it. Keanu was OK (which is a ringing endorsement for him coming from me), but Woody Harrelson and especially Robert Downy Jr were great. It was pretty faithful to the source material and the visual presentation was perfect. (While some do not like the "Waking Life" animation style, I love it. In this movie they really took it to the next level.)

bassman
14-Aug-2006, 04:42 PM
I really want to see this. I've never read the book, but I'm a big fan of Richard Linklater's stuff.

And "Waking Life" rocked.

DeadJonas190
15-Aug-2006, 04:34 AM
I saw it and thought it was excellent. I enjoy the animation style and the story was pretty cool. I have not read the book, but my friend had and he liked it also.

HLS
15-Aug-2006, 09:20 PM
I was planning on seeing it yesterday but it looks like it is out of the theaters in my area. I guess I need to wait to the DVD comes out.

dmbfanintn
15-Aug-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah I wanted to see this too, it wasn't playing anywhere near us!

I think the synopsis is funny "Set in the future, America has lost the war on drugs" :lol: :lol: :lol:

America has already lost the "war on drugs", one of the days "they" will realize that!

MinionZombie
16-Aug-2006, 09:12 AM
It's not totally lost surely, you can at least keep the drug trade within "acceptable" boundaries and to not make it easy for the drug peddling Tony Montana's of the world. Who gives a big crap about weed and mushrooms, but I'm on about the big ones, especially heroin.

As for the flick, it comes out in the UK this week, gonna try and get my ass down to the movie house to see it, what what.