PDA

View Full Version : the greatest resi game never got released!

Danny
12-Aug-2006, 07:43 PM
you probably know about this but its new to me, the reisdent evil 1.5 prototpye for resi 2, more weapons, colthes and armour that get visibly damaged as you get hurt, more characters, irons was a good guy, birkin mutated differently, and tons more, anyone else think this should be a ninendo ds release?

http://www.bioflames.com/default.htm

there was even a mall section,lol...

darth los
12-Aug-2006, 07:55 PM
they have some good videos of resident evil 1.5 and 3.5 on you tube. I agree that the game this lead to, re2, was indeed the best re game. Alot of people feel that re4 is the best but it doesn't fit the mold of a true survival horror game like the others in the series. Not to say the game isn't nearly flawless but it is more of an action game. I think 1.5 should definitely be ported to the ds and psp. Rest assured if there is significant money to be made the game companies will do it.

Danny
12-Aug-2006, 07:59 PM
re2, was indeed the best re game. Alot of people feel that re4 is the best but it doesn't fit the mold of a true survival horror game like the others in the series. Not to say the game isn't nearly flawless but it is more of an action game.

resi 2 was the best, AND you get rep for agreeing with me on resi 4, its not survival horror people!:mad:

darth los
12-Aug-2006, 08:13 PM
agreed, in the other re games much of the emphasis was put on puzzle solving and conserving your ammo. I can't tell you how many times i was sweating what was around the next corner and if the the six bullets left in my baretta could kill it.That is true horror. Not the actual monsters but the anticipation of what MIGHT pop out at you. I think the archaic pre-rendred camara angles that so many people complain about had alot to do with it. Think about it. You never ran the first time through a game because you never know what could be on the next screen. I don't care what kind of suped up weapon i had. I remember one time i had the rocket launcher and a hunter popped out at me. needless to say i ran lkie a little girl. That never happened in re4. The over the shoulder angle always let you see what lay ahead so there were rarely any surprises. I also never ran from any one in the game (exept the first time i encountered the chainsaw freak in that first village stage):eek: Don't get me wrong, I own re4 for both the gamecube and ps2 and i love it, it's just different and should be viewed in a different context.

general tbag
12-Aug-2006, 08:41 PM
re 1 was very good, but re2 was greatness. in my books there has never been a true sequel to resident evil 2 since then.

btw if your really die hard and wanna play 1.5 it did show up on a japan demo disc, but expect to pay major bling for it.

MinionZombie
12-Aug-2006, 10:29 PM
I've never played a full Resi game, but that's because I don't "do" survival horror, not that I'm against it, I just don't dig the set up. That said, I frickin' loved the demo of Resident Evil 2, it was freakin' great. I remember playing that on my mate's Playstation and he got all huffy that I completed the demo first time round (okay, second) and he was terrible at it.

I just thought a game with zombies chowing down, that was also scary, was friggin' excellent. We really need a proper zombie FPS, it could be really good ... I wonder what an FPS survival horror game would be like? Pretty f*cking cool I'd bet...

Cody
13-Aug-2006, 03:38 AM
well the best version of day of the dead wasnt made either

darth los
13-Aug-2006, 03:45 AM
well the best version of day of the dead wasnt made either

Good observation

Danny
13-Aug-2006, 05:45 AM
I just thought a game with zombies chowing down, that was also scary, was friggin' excellent. We really need a proper zombie FPS, it could be really good ... I wonder what an FPS survival horror game would be like? Pretty f*cking cool I'd bet...

closest thing ive found is the "we dont go to ravenholm" level fo half-life 2, scared the crap outta me the first time:D

general tbag
13-Aug-2006, 08:27 AM
closest thing ive found is the "we dont go to ravenholm" level fo half-life 2, scared the crap outta me the first time:D

dont you play any of the hl2 zombie mods...

MinionZombie
13-Aug-2006, 10:05 AM
Didn't know there were any zombie mods for HL2 out there ... I was just completely distracted by the Alyx Nude Mod. :D

Danny
13-Aug-2006, 04:03 PM
dont you play any of the hl2 zombie mods...

im an xbox gamer, keyboards are too fiddly for me.:bored: