PDA

View Full Version : Season of the Dead TRAILER NOW ONLINE

axlish
14-Aug-2006, 02:41 PM
INXrXbSf-Ls

DjfunkmasterG
14-Aug-2006, 03:12 PM
do you have a non you Tube WMV file link?

Can't get you tube at work. :(

MinionZombie
14-Aug-2006, 03:53 PM
Very cool trailer - chainsaw + zombies = brilliance. Some nice shots in there too, also, how did you do the voice? What bit of software/what sort of manipulation did you use to make it like that? I need a similar sound/vibe for a project I'm about to get around to editing called "I Am Zombie Man" (filmed it earlier in the week, and I'm still suffering from the mosquito bites, lol).

axlish
14-Aug-2006, 04:40 PM
I recorded my voice, doing my best Vincent Price, then I lowered the pitch 3 octaves in Vegas, and added reverb as well. You need to say the words a little fast so it doesn't go toooooo slooooooowwwwww when you lower the pitch.

Sorry DJ, I don't. I'm at work too so I can't hook one up until you'd probably be home anyway.

jscott
14-Aug-2006, 05:48 PM
niiieeee.

Danny
14-Aug-2006, 07:18 PM
it was good but i have one gripe i do with all indie zombie films and you'll probably all agree.

in all the films ive seen that all have you have put on the site when a guy is cornered the extras at the outside of the ring of zombies actually move backwards if there going to bump into someone rather than hit shoulders with each other or fall.

just something from a directors keen eye, as a film fan though rock on!:D

LouCipherr
14-Aug-2006, 09:14 PM
cool! I can't wait to see it when it's done!

I so wish we could've used that abandoned building for Deadlands. :D

LC

DjfunkmasterG
14-Aug-2006, 09:30 PM
Looks Good Axlish... Do I get a work print too? J/k

Eager to see it though

MikePizzoff
15-Aug-2006, 12:49 PM
Awesome! Can't wait!

Debbieangel
24-Aug-2006, 04:09 AM
Axlish..woww looks good..let us know when ya finished with it and when it will be available to purchase!! That was a GREAT teaser makes ya want to see MORE!!!

axlish
28-Aug-2006, 03:44 PM
http://www.frightnightfilmfest.com/image/obj517geo799pg13p25.png Fright Night Film Fest :evil:

zombiegirl
29-Aug-2006, 12:20 PM
Congrats Axlish on the film festival. Trailer looks great. Can't wait to see it.

Debbieangel
30-Aug-2006, 09:36 PM
http://www.frightnightfilmfest.com/image/obj517geo799pg13p25.png Fright Night Film Fest :evil:

CONGRATS Axlish on filmfest!!!!!! I watched trailer again and still want to see MORE!!!!!

Danny
31-Aug-2006, 01:37 AM
yeah man good work with the fright fest, you gonna go or be like dj and just send it and go bandit instead?:D

axlish
31-Aug-2006, 02:26 PM
yeah man good work with the fright fest, you gonna go or be like dj and just send it and go bandit instead?:D

Yeah, unfortunately I cannot attend my own world premiere :dead:

I just found out about the festival a few weeks ago and already had stuff planned for Labor Day Weekend.

axlish
31-Aug-2006, 03:46 PM
38 seconds... the "armless" guy with his arms inside his shirt... classic lol

An unfortunate side product of acting and directing :) I was inside the shack at that point and had to trust that it looked ok. The cool thing was that I just gave a general instruction of "you guys are zombies" and they went at it, no more instruction needed. It seems that the zombie is now part of the common knowledge of the masses.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Sep-2006, 01:33 AM
Hey axlish...

Caught the flick... Good job dude. I know your budget was low, but the story helped pull it off. Good effort, however, I noticed a few glitches. I don't know if it was the framing, the festival or your DVD but a lot of the time peoples heads were cut off. I dunno if your caera op had a spasm or something but at one point your were in frame then next second all I saw was your neck down to your waist for 5-10 seconds.

I did like it though. Not that I will spoil it for everyone, but it is worth checking out. So axlish get them der DVD's released man.

axlish
04-Sep-2006, 02:18 PM
I know your budget was low, but the story helped pull it off.

Thanks man, that was the idea. I tried my best to make an interesting story.

Good effort, however, I noticed a few glitches. I don't know if it was the framing, the festival or your DVD but a lot of the time peoples heads were cut off. I dunno if your caera op had a spasm or something but at one point your were in frame then next second all I saw was your neck down to your waist for 5-10 seconds.

Are you talking about during the confrontation at the door? That was supposed to be a shot of only the other guy but the camera kept losing focus in the dim light, so we had to back it out a bit and get me into frame. I don't like the shot either. I am considering adding a full screen version to the DVD.

Thanks for checking it out! What was the set up like in there? Audio and Video? How was the attendance?

DjfunkmasterG
04-Sep-2006, 02:46 PM
Ateendance for the whole festival was kinda crappy, but you had about 10-12 people. There was a group there just checking out all the Zombie films.

The screen was a 6ft by 6ft 4:3 screen and 2 channel audio system, but since most rooms were banquet rooms just cornered off to make screening rooms the sound from one film would bleed into the next, but no biggie. I heard your film just fine.

Fulcifan91
04-Sep-2006, 02:58 PM
I can't wait to see this, what are your distribution plans, axlish?

chukrok
04-Sep-2006, 03:14 PM
Nice work, man. I enjoyed the film. I had to laugh when I heard the punch sound fx though. :) Overall, a great job on a tight budget.

Danny
05-Sep-2006, 04:07 PM
well the best zombie films are made outisde the whole hollywood dynamic so heres hopeing its good, from what ive heard it is.

:shifty: ......:sneaky:

but dj, was it better than your film?

OH SNAP YES I DID!:lol: